Is this a boy?

MsBadger

Does anyone else think this is a boy ? Can I reuse the soil ?

20160307_090329_002.jpg

View image in gallery

Re: Is this a boy ?

Is it the clustering of the pods that tells you? How much longer before these would have popped ? I don't know if you could tell that or not. I am trying with the pictures, but Ansel Adams I am not ! First time with non feminized seed.

Thanks for your help !!!

:thanks:

Yes, you have a male plant. I would move it elsewhere and let him seed... Also, you can reuse soil, however, maybe before you plant again, place worm casing, some manure in the soil and allow it to sit for a few weeks, than place your seedling in there.. You should yield great results...

Already moved ! I wasn't sure if the pods were just new leaves. If I keep him in a different part of the house, how dangerous to the rest of the crop ? I am very much a newbie with male plants.
This really is a lot of fun, tomatoes were never as interesting.

Thanks Sejd213 and Nutty Professor ! :circle-of-love:

best bet is kill it , if one pod opens your gonna be sick , even it gets on clothes etc is dangerous unless you want seeds and no buds , the budding plants will stop their energy on bud making and put it all into seed making , if you want pollen take it else where , save a bit then kill it , but make sure you change your clothes etc

I think I will try on the next male, after I can create a safe place for them.

I will need to check out your experience with colloidal silver and saving pollen for the future.

Thanks Again ! :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom