Is this a seed?

ZoomZ06

I’m beginning to think my plant has hermied. It’s grown indoors with no males around. I have all light leaks taped off, I wouldn’t imagine I have stressed her to the point of hermie but still fairly new. Any help would be appreciated

A44BBD75-86A6-449E-980A-FCA5C003F1C7.jpeg

Scan all plants for pods or yellow bananas.

I did have a plant that always gave me a seed, just one, was odd as it was the only plant in flower? But still gave me one seed, no nanners or pods anywhere? ... and so did its clone, one lone seed...mj is a mysterious plant sometimes.

If you only see one seed forming and no pods or nanners than hopefully its just the one, but I would Scan em all to unsure that there isnt more.

I just went over this one with a fine tooth comb and found 8 small seeds scattered throughout, no bananas no pods so far. I’m guessing it’s just genetics, I know my buddy has had weird mutations through this supplier. The other plant in this tent looks to be clear so fingers crossed. The veg girls are far too young to identify yet, they’re only a couple weeks old

Maybe it is me but that looks like the start of the male banana. I can already see a yellowish hue to the bulge. @BeanTownFan420, I think you have talked about this before. I think that there are several others that have pushed a lot of plants through to harvest and have talked about bananas forming.

If it was a seed the the protective covering of that green plant tissue would completely cover it. A seed would not be exposed yet. By the time a mature seed pushes through it is darker colored and I would say much more rounded than that in the photo.

A female plant growing some of these male parts is not all that unusual. My experience is that if they start to form it will be approximately 3 or 4 weeks after flowering starts and tend to be near the bottom of the canopy. Sometimes a plant will start to form these towards the very end of their flowering. Those are easy to see because they tend to be on the larger buds near the top of the plant.

That has been my experience and with my eyes I can't see photos on the computer monitor like I used to. But that really does look like a very young banana.

What you could do if it does continue to grow and look more like a banana than a seed is pinch it.

When I find the bananas on the lower buds, those below or just at the bottom of the canopy, I usually just cut the bud off. If it is a short twig with just one or two very small buds which will not amount to much I will cut the twig off.

If I find them up in the larger top buds I have started to pinch them. Not necessarily try to pinch them off, just pinch the banana and crush it. My nails on my thumb and first finger are grown out a little bit more than usual so it works. That will kill the banana. Or you might try pinching them with a pair of eyebrow tweezers.

My Blue Dream clones will produce bananas if I keep them in flower past 11 or 12 weeks. My Girl Scout Cookie clones will produce bananas on lower branches about week 4 of flower. If I kill or remove them at that point there seems to be about a 60-75 % chance that the bananas will return in the lower buds and some in the top buds at about week 10 or 11. I have watched the bananas form and it definitely seems like it takes two weeks for the part to swell up enough that it starts to open.

Some people on this message board have mentioned that the GSC plants are very prone to producing the bananas.

What you could do if it does continue to grow and look more like a banana than a seed is pinch it.

When I find the bananas on the lower buds, those below or just at the bottom of the canopy, I usually just cut the bud off. If it is a short twig with just one or two very small buds which will not amount to much I will cut the twig off.

If I find them up in the larger top buds I have started to pinch them. Not necessarily try to pinch them off, just pinch the banana and crush it. My nails on my thumb and first finger are grown out a little bit more than usual so it works. That will kill the banana. Or you might try pinching them with a pair of eyebrow tweezers.

My Blue Dream clones will produce bananas if I keep them in flower past 11 or 12 weeks. My Girl Scout Cookie clones will produce bananas on lower branches about week 4 of flower. If I kill or remove them at that point there seems to be about a 60-75 % chance that the bananas will return in the lower buds and some in the top buds at about week 10 or 11. I have watched the bananas form and it definitely seems like it takes two weeks for the part to swell up enough that it starts to open.

Some people on this message board have mentioned that the GSC plants are very prone to producing the bananas.
Thank you for all the advice! I’ve been keeping my eyes out and haven’t found any yet, I’m thinking I caught it early on and just have to be more diligent looking for bananas as my girls finish up. I have roughly 16 more days, I’m hoping I can crop before any form

Oh I will still finish these off and still enjoy it, just sucks putting all the time and effort in to it lol these seeds were from a friend so I can’t say they’re from a reputable breeder. Now I do have one of these along with 2 other plants from known good breeders in my veg tent that are a couple weeks old. I’m debating getting rid of that one so I don’t jeopardize the other 2 strains and just pop another seed that’ll just be a couple weeks behind the others, leave it be and see what happens, or just stick to the 2 known good strains

Back
Top Bottom