Is this powdery mildew? Help!

GreyGodz

Hi, little bit of backstory/info

Strain: Critical XXL Auto fem
Soil: Potting mix with compost + perlite
Lights: 300W Mars Hydro ECO and 80w white CFL
(If you need anymore info I’ve been keeping a grow journal HERE)

This is my second indoor grow the first one I attempted a couple of years ago and it was terrible I got 1 bud which was about 1.5g dried lol. Learnt a lot from it though! So today I’ve noticed what looks to be little white dots on some of the leaves, she has started to pre-flower but I highly doubt it’s trichomes as they are on the fan leaves too, nothing crazy but I’m hoping I’ve picked it up before it’s too late. A couple of days ago I added some mycorrhizal inoculant to my water as per the directions. I’m a complete noob with the stuff I wouldn’t imagine it to be from that? My humidifier was accidentally left on high a couple of days ago too for half a day I’m lucky I checked her when I did there was a lot of moisture in the tent. I do not have an intake fan unfortunately so from now on I’m making sure I air my tent out more often.

If this is powdery mildew would giving the foliage a spray with a neem solution do the trick? I’ve read about milk and all of these other things but I feel as if neem works it’ll be the easiest option for me. It’s almost lights out for her so if it is what I suspect it is and neem oil works I want to try do it while the lights are out to give her time to dry

Appreciate any help in advance, cheers!

(Sorry I don’t have a magnifying glass of any sorts to get a real good close up)

EDIT
My fan is pretty close to her could this maybe be the mycorrhiza that didn’t seep into the soil blown onto her by the air movement?
97A4063C-CFDC-4853-8906-A51038964FA9.jpeg

8434A02F-668E-4420-AA64-8A257E9D7B37.jpeg
414889C4-AB1B-4285-B726-52B092150FBA.jpeg
BEC6BE49-15B7-4A9D-A9E6-834EE8BB05AB.jpeg

DD5F2FD1-95CC-4DE3-9C21-707EC6BF36AD.jpeg
FAD20F9F-8DDF-4A15-BC5D-4E96669D7D93.jpeg
284346EA-B7F1-4C7B-A337-363A0C1459EB.jpeg

Doesn't really look like PM to me, it tends to be more distinct and splotchy looking. Not sure what ya got going on there.

Phew

Cheers for the quick reply mate, I’m starting to think it may be the dried mycorrhiza that didn’t seep into the soil from my last watering that’s blown onto her, I hope :/

Maybe just some sort of edema from the humidifier being left on possibly.

Edema that’s a new one to me I’ll have to look into it for future reference

Here’s a bit of bark from my soil with the inoculant on it, I think it’s just this I’ll give her a little spray down when the lights go out, false alarm! I think haha

02CCFF9F-7046-418C-BF66-932761941D8E.jpeg

For what it's worth milk does work great on PM, but my understanding is it needs to be out in actual sunlight to work right. Not sure if that's correct as I've never tried it indoors. Definitely took care of it on an outdoor plant for me once though. 10:1 or so water to milk.

Awesome that will come in handy some time down the track, thanks for the help mate had me worried. it’s so strange to me without knowing the science behind milk killing mould, I will give it a crack one day! I read that neem works too, I will have to make a neem shake for double the power when I need it lol

Hey, im new in this, and i have the exact same issue with my plant. I´ve been searching everywhere and i couldn´t find anything. I also watered with mycorrhiza a week ago. I have those exact little points in a few leaves and i can´t scratch them out, and in one leave they seem to have form a group and made a spot of light green color. Can you please tell me what they are and what you did to get rid of them? Thank you

Hey, im new in this, and i have the exact same issue with my plant. I´ve been searching everywhere and i couldn´t find anything. I also watered with mycorrhiza a week ago. I have those exact little points in a few leaves and i can´t scratch them out, and in one leave they seem to have form a group and made a spot of light green color. Can you please tell me what they are and what you did to get rid of them? Thank you

Mine actually didn’t come off either, I sprayed with neem in case it was pests even though I couldn’t see anything but over the next couple of days she had signs of deficiency’s mostly calcium and magnesium. Once I fed her she shot off again, check for pests under the leaf where the spots gone a lighter color just in case but yeah that’s what I’d do. Good luck

Thanks. Yeah i checked for pests everywhere with a magnifier and i didn´t find anything. I dont know what are the signs of calcium and magnesium deficiency’s but i will be alert, i just hope it doesn´t get worse. Thanks a lot for the help, at least i know im not alone xD Congrats on your beautiful girl and may the buds be with you.

Thanks. Yeah i checked for pests everywhere with a magnifier and i didn´t find anything. I dont know what are the signs of calcium and magnesium deficiency’s but i will be alert, i just hope it doesn´t get worse. Thanks a lot for the help, at least i know im not alone xD Congrats on your beautiful girl and may the buds be with you.
Make sure you have some calmag handy, are you using an LED? You’ll need a fair bit if you are, I was scared I was going to burn her with the feed I gave her but she took it very well could’ve used more tbh

How big is it?

9224A06D-739A-4AB0-8E4A-C29CE99AF7D7.jpeg

Day after I posted this and noticed the spots getting bad

9FDBF2C1-C19D-4D3B-8FA0-ED4EBA84B168.jpeg

12 hours after feeding her

Make sure you have some calmag handy, are you using an LED? You’ll need a fair bit if you are, I was scared I was going to burn her with the feed I gave her but she took it very well could’ve used more tbh

How big is it?

Yes i am using an LED of 100 watts, and she is 35 days old at the beginning of flower. Since i noticed 2 days ago she has a little more of these dots but it doesn´t strike me like mold or pests, do you think its a deficiency? It is happening the same to you? ( having more of these dots with each day passing)

Yes i am using an LED of 100 watts, and she is 35 days old at the beginning of flower. Since i noticed 2 days ago she has a little more of these dots but it doesn´t strike me like mold or pests, do you think its a deficiency? It is happening the same to you? ( having more of these dots with each day passing)

Can you upload a photo? I can’t think of the reason but when growing with LED’s they get calcium and magnesium deficiency’s easy if you’re not giving her any, make sure you get some calmag soon! Weird because mine started showing those signs at the same age! I’d go with deficiency because once I fed her it stopped, get some calmag!

Can you upload a photo? I can’t think of the reason but when growing with LED’s they get calcium and magnesium deficiency’s easy if you’re not giving her any, make sure you get some calmag soon! Weird because mine started showing those signs at the same age! I’d go with deficiency because once I fed her it stopped, get some calmag!

Here are some pics, the wierd thing is that they don´t spread that fast and if they were eggs they never hatch, they are always the same, that´s why i asked if they dissapear or continue to appear even more

IMG_20201025_190414.jpg

IMG_20201023_165315.jpg

Probably just trichs, but it’s good for you to zoom up to see what’s going on, typically - you won’t see mites or eggs with your unaided eyes. Every grower needs either a jewelers loupe, a 30/60 X mini microscope or a usb connected digital microscope. Costs are about $12 US on low end or $30ish on the high end at grow shops or online. Same device is used to see your trich colors for harvest so it’s not wasted cash

Back
Top Bottom