Is this broad mites?

natcio

420 Member
Hey everyone! About a week ago I noticed the top leaves were a little yellowish but didn't pay attention. Today the leaves are noticeable yellow and the top leaves really twisted... looking around I found those little guys on top of the leaves, there weren't many.
Are these symptoms of broad mites? what is your suggestion?

Thank you in advance!
8f936727-74fd-4d7e-9a6b-2d0ea5e34562.jpg9bc85eec-39b7-48ac-8192-2c74e350855c.jpg9d893e08-4c25-4481-af15-ea542a10c4e7.jpg084babb0-5995-478a-b94c-a6d36c2dd52e.jpg124e828f-248c-41ea-a050-aa4bb39f5403.jpg78074925-567e-4e7d-93f1-94df3a82de99.jpga380fa6b-7e20-48ae-9da1-0fdd6f3b1d30.jpge21c5819-6da1-46ab-89a1-1127c6ab34ad.jpgWhatsApp Image 2020-04-18 at 17.58.44.jpeg

They look like something bugish! I'd get spraying with neem/dishsoap/water if not in flower and bronners spray (recipe around here somewhere) in flower. I myself use neem (safe for human consumption with possible implications for pregnant women) throughout veg and flower as it works way better for me than plain castillo soap spray...but that's a big no no around here. I think people think it ruins the taste but I'm lazy and really only apply as a reactionary solution as opposed to being proactive. If I were to be more johnny on it, I'd probably just use the castillo soap spray and apply often. As it is I beat down the thrips I am dealing with for a week or two, but they always return because I am not reapplying to kill new hatch/eggs properly.

They look like something bugish! I'd get spraying with neem/dishsoap/water if not in flower and bronners spray (recipe around here somewhere) in flower. .....
Could be a couple of bugish problems there.

One photo (3rd one) looks like it could be the start of a scale problem. A couple of others look like the start of a white fly or thrip issue. And, a photo or two could be the first of a mite problem, though not necessarily Broad Mites.

People will want to know more about how you are growing and in what but it does look more like insects than a nutrition problem.

Good luck.

They look like something bugish! I'd get spraying with neem/dishsoap/water if not in flower and bronners spray (recipe around here somewhere) in flower. I myself use neem (safe for human consumption with possible implications for pregnant women) throughout veg and flower as it works way better for me than plain castillo soap spray...

Thanks for your reply. I applied neem oil today... how often should I spray considering this is their 5th day into flower?

Could be a couple of bugish problems there.

One photo (3rd one) looks like it could be the start of a scale problem. A couple of others look like the start of a white fly or thrip issue. And, a photo or two could be the first of a mite problem, though not necessarily Broad Mites.

People will want to know more about how you are growing and in what but it does look more like insects than a nutrition problem.

Good luck.

Yeah, the grow tent is outside and I just noticed that some of my other plants in the garden have some bugs infestion too.

Just wondering if the curling and yellowing could also be explained by the led lights being too close to the leaves (~10cm)? Also we've had some really cold nights and warm days...

Mashup of issues is typically how it goes. I was reminded here and elsewhere to address my ongoing, seemingly undefeatablelow level thirp infestation the other day, sprayed the crap out of everyone, found more thrips on same plants yesterday and sprayed, found more 6 hours later scurrying about, sprayed again, found more this am, sprayed again.

Point is they don't stop hatching for a long while. I imagine im going to have to go at this a or a few more days at least to beat them out of that room for good. The girls dont mind but it makes a big wet mess! I spray from head to foot top and bottom, stems and exposed soil. And then it'll only last until I forget and get lazy about it again!

Mashup of issues is typically how it goes. I was reminded here and elsewhere to address my ongoing, seemingly undefeatablelow level thirp infestation the other day, sprayed the crap out of everyone, found more thrips on same plants yesterday and sprayed, found more 6 hours later scurrying about, sprayed again, found more this am, sprayed again.

Point is they don't stop hatching for a long while. I imagine im going to have to go at this a or a few more days at least to beat them out of that room for good. The girls dont mind but it makes a big wet mess! I spray from head to foot top and bottom, stems and exposed soil. And then it'll only last until I forget and get lazy about it again!
What a coincidence. Earlier today I was following random thoughts on what was in Sledgehammer and got sidetracked by a mention of insects showing up in bagged soil, including the Fox Farm line. Then I read a sentence in some article that said that Fox Farm puts an insect in their soil to help keep the Fungus Gnats, and other insects, under control.

Hypoaspis miles was the name of the insect. It is a predator mite so it does not attack the plant. Instead it goes after the larva of other small insects that can feed on the plant roots, etc. If I interpreted the articles correctly it will attack and eat the other insect larva and keep the population from reproducing out of control.

Sounds like you have kept your Thrips at acceptable levels so this might just be a fun reading. I had heard of this mite before, but today was the first time I remember coming across the name. I am keeping the link for reference just cause it was so interesting.
Just 4 Growers: Predator MItes

Back
Top Bottom