Is this Heat Stress or Light burn?

Hmm that's a bit expensive for me at the moment. I will be looking around though. I've also heard really bad things about hanna brand so I'm avoiding it 100%.

Oh btw The303Stoner I'm not using any nutrients right now. So I'm pretty sure its not a nutrient toxicity. I ran out of my Florvanova grow formula and I still have about half a thing of Floranova flower. I'm actually going to switch to the regular flora series since its a 3 part set. I think it will give me more control over the plants.. Unless there's another brand that's better that somebody could recommend me.

Hmm that's a bit expensive for me at the moment. I will be looking around though. I've also heard really bad things about hanna brand so I'm avoiding it 100%.

Oh btw The303Stoner I'm not using any nutrients right now. So I'm pretty sure its not a nutrient toxicity. I ran out of my Florvanova grow formula and I still have about half a thing of Floranova flower. I'm actually going to switch to the regular flora series since its a 3 part set. I think it will give me more control over the plants.. Unless there's another brand that's better that somebody could recommend me.

Well...I would suggest buying the little pH Test Kit from General Hydroponics and using that until you can afford to pick up a PH-200. It definitely makes sense to wait until you can buy a high quality meter that is accurate and will last you for awhile. The GH kit is under $20.00 online and should be found at any hydroponic store.

I started with one of these years ago, and I still use the little bottles of PH UP and DOWN and just refill them with my own solution mixture I make from their DRY versions of both chemicals mixed with distilled water.

It is far cheaper to buy these two chemicals as powder and make your own solutions as needed. About $26.00 for a 1.5 pound container of UP AND a 1.5 pound container of DOWN. It takes one ounce of the powder to make an 8 floz batch of the liquid which is what those little bottles hold.

I think the FloraNova nutes are an excellant product. I switched from the 3 part GH nutes. Easy to use with great results, as you can see here....

S6300777.JPG

Well...I would suggest buying the little pH Test Kit from General Hydroponics and using that until you can afford to pick up a PH-200. It definitely makes sense to wait until you can buy a high quality meter that is accurate and will last you for awhile. The GH kit is under $20.00 online and should be found at any hydroponic store.

I started with one of these years ago, and I still use the little bottles of PH UP and DOWN and just refill them with my own solution mixture I make from their DRY versions of both chemicals mixed with distilled water.

It is far cheaper to buy these two chemicals as powder and make your own solutions as needed. About $26.00 for a 1.5 pound container of UP AND a 1.5 pound container of DOWN. It takes one ounce of the powder to make an 8 floz batch of the liquid which is what those little bottles hold.

I was definitely considering something like that.. I'll probably be ordering that instead of wasting money on a cheapo PH tester. All the ones I see around my price range have terrible reviews.

I think the FloraNova nutes are an excellant product. I switched from the 3 part GH nutes. Easy to use with great results, as you can see here....

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/S6300777.JPG

Damn now that's some nice buds. What kind of feeding schedule and doses do you use?

Damn now that's some nice buds. What kind of feeding schedule and doses do you use?

FloraNova Grow and Bloom
Floralicious Plus
Liquid Kool Bloom
Molasses
Protekt
Hygrozyme
Mexican Bat Guano

Gh products by their feeding chart (roughly)

Feed every other watering

be happy.....
DSC015913.JPG

Dipez said:
Ah ok. And btw this weird coloring and drying out is happening to more leaves now... I don't get it. Its showing small signs on the top leaves now and even more on the bottom.. I'm confused.. This has to be a PH problem I guess?

Should I just flush em and see if that helps?

Did you get an IN SOIL pH meter to see what your soil pH is?

You can water the plant and then test the water that runs out the bottom of the pot with your GH kit but that isn't as accurate as putting an IN SOIL probe into the actual dirt to see what it reads.

Hydrofarm makes one that sells for around $10.00. I've got several of these that I use in my various grow locations here. They are surprisingly accurate for the price. You want a soil pH of between 6.2 and 6.8.

Still seems too rapid an onset to be pH though unless this had been going on for awhile and you just didn't notice it until the other day.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner

Did you get an IN SOIL pH meter to see what your soil pH is?

You can water the plant and then test the water that runs out the bottom of the pot with your GH kit but that isn't as accurate as putting an IN SOIL probe into the actual dirt to see what it reads.

Hydrofarm makes one that sells for around $10.00. I've got several of these that I use in my various grow locations here. They are surprisingly accurate for the price. You want a soil pH of between 6.2 and 6.8.

Still seems too rapid an onset to be pH though unless this had been going on for awhile and you just didn't notice it until the other day.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner

Umm can u link me to it? I think i found it but im not sure. this is what i found.
Amazon - Hydrofarm MGMP1 Active Air 2-Way pH & Moisture Meter

1667284865480.png

It seems to have really bad reviews lol

Also no I haven't checked the insoil ph. I used those test strips to check water run off when I tested the soil when i was mixing it. I'll get this tester too if that's the right one.

Umm can u link me to it? I think i found it but im not sure. this is what i found.
Amazon - Hydrofarm MGMP1 Active Air 2-Way pH & Moisture Meter
It seems to have really bad reviews lol

Also no I haven't checked the insoil ph. I used those test strips to check water run off when I tested the soil when i was mixing it. I'll get this tester too if that's the right one.

Yep! Thats the one!

Also... The GH test kit is the one you want.

Let me know what you find out about the soil pH! We will get to the bottom of this one way or another! :thumb:

Mmk. Ill order one of those too then. Got the soil PH test kits and my floranova grow already ordered. I found the old bottle I had and used up the last little bit.. was able to feed em 2tbs each and it was all gone lol They held up 1gallon of water today too. Could have been to dry but the pots were still ok weight wise. This is the first time I've watered my plants since the transplant LOL

Got em ordered.. should be here next week.

Mmk. Ill order one of those too then. Got the soil PH test kits and my floranova grow already ordered. I found the old bottle I had and used up the last little bit.. was able to feed em 2tbs each and it was all gone lol They held up 1gallon of water today too. Could have been to dry but the pots were still ok weight wise. This is the first time I've watered my plants since the transplant LOL

Got em ordered.. should be here next week.

Sounds good! When did you transplant? If they were heat stressed and short on water, that could account for this kind of leaf condition too. It just doesn't look like a pH issue to me, but it is always hard to be sure unless you can look at them in person.

Hopefully they hold up until you get your test gear and you can determine what your pH levels are.

Keep us posted! :thumb:

Sounds good! When did you transplant? If they were heat stressed and short on water, that could account for this kind of leaf condition too. It just doesn't look like a pH issue to me, but it is always hard to be sure unless you can look at them in person.

Hopefully they hold up until you get your test gear and you can determine what your pH levels are.

Keep us posted! :thumb:

transplanted them on the 7th or 8th of this month and they bounced back and started growing quickly on the 14th-16th. I didn't think they were low on water because of the weight but I could have been wrong. The pots held a whole gallon of water Lol

transplanted them on the 7th or 8th of this month and they bounced back and started growing quickly on the 14th-16th. I didn't think they were low on water because of the weight but I could have been wrong. The pots held a whole gallon of water Lol

Ooooh... That is a little long for them to go without water! I bet you that this is whats behind all this! Transplanting can introduce stress if you don't use a good B1 transplant solution to water them with right afterwards. Those high temps coupled with dehydration could definitely cause exactly the symptoms we are seeing with your plants.

Glad you got them watered! While the leaves that are dead or dying won't come back, any that are just wilted will bounce back! I would suggest pruning off all the bad leaves and even some that are in between. That will take some of the load off the plant to keep itself hydrated until it can fully recover.

Hmm never thought that this would happen. I figured the plant would show signs of underwatering by drooping down. Good to know now though. Ill just go back to my water every week plan Lol

Normally this is true, but you had those really high temps on top of it which can cause heat stress and other damage before the plant even has a chance to show signs of low water.

Both plants perked up quiet a bit today. This had to have been an under watering problem! I also raised up my light 3" but I don't think that this make any difference.

I plan on topping my plants pretty soon too.. Anybody ever have success with the FIM technique? I've tried it on 8 different plants and never had anything but 2 tops start growing Lol

Back
Top Bottom