Is this normal

Bimmer85

This actually does make sense but I noticed when I have my plants in the dark for a few hours when the sun goes down and bring them inside the leaves seem to sag down a little. And after they are in the light for 1-2 hours (I bring them inside for more light exposure at night) they perk right back up. I was thinking this has to do with the plants photosynthesis. Anyone else notice this?

This happens from watering.

True towelly, but also they are always perky when they wake up from dark!! Cindy's always got her hands raised up toward the light in the morning!!

During photosynthesis ( in light ) , the plant is synthesizing glucose from CO2 and photons, they tend to be perked up during that time unless underwatered. However, at night, plants typically change glycolitic pathways to cellular respiration, where it breaks down its own sugars ( synthesized glucose from photosynthesis ) to survive the night. 32 molecules of ATP per molecule glucose produced in photosynthesis, and 2 molecules of ATP produced by combusting a glucose molecule. So by allowing the leaves to lean down at night, allows the organism to conserve energy more efficiently. Plants are very amazing.

Back
Top Bottom