Is This Nute Burn!?

knowledgeable

DSC002268.JPG
Its drooping because I forgot to water but its not looking super healthy. Is the brown on the under side of the cotyledon normal? It looks worse than it is because of lighting but is this nute burn?

Re: Is this nute burn!?!?!

I'm using MG...Ik...I haven't used nutes. Don't plan to for a while. There's also like some reddish brown under other leaf's. Like the stems are at first. Almost like that reddish brown is spreading

I'm using MG...Ik...I haven't used nutes. Don't plan to for a while. There's also like some reddish brown under other leaf's. Like the stems are at first. Almost like that reddish brown is spreading

It may be your soil. Some people have had no issues with MG. Others have had bad problems. I had a problem with FFOF and young plants. The soil was too hot. You can try flushing them. Use 3-5x the amount of water as the cup size. That will take some of the nutes out. :peace:

I added a lot of water to it already letting it drain like crazy. I didn't know that was a thing. Maybe ill put it under the sink for a bit. Thanks for the advice! Ill let you know how they're doing

Hey Knowledgeable, I can't help you with nutes but I wanted to ask if your lights in the pictures are always set up that way. They look kind of too far from your seedlings.

You can get quite close to the leaves and, in fact, your seedlings want to be up close to the light--as close as possible. They are so tiny and when the bulb is far away the light spreads way out. What gets spread out gets diminished so your light loses potency. What gets left to the seedling is too little. That causes the seedling to stretch like a tight shoelace toward the light .

Skinny and tall seedlings are weak seedlings. On top of that, because the seedling has to waste energy and resources looking for enough light, it suffers stress conditions. That depletes its resources even more and makes it open to disorders and diseases. Things that wouldn't bother a strong plant easily take advantage of the weak ones.

Anyway, maybe you're set up okay anyway. If not, try to have your seedlings around 2- 3 inches below your bulbs, best if each seedling gets its own bulb. If you use 13 watt you can get down to an inch. As many will tell you, use your hand to test how hot it is. If it's comfortable for your hand it's good for the seedling. Good luck.

Hey Knowledgeable, I can't help you with nutes but I wanted to ask if your lights in the pictures are always set up that way. They look kind of too far from your seedlings.

You can get quite close to the leaves and, in fact, your seedlings want to be up close to the light--as close as possible. They are so tiny and when the bulb is far away the light spreads way out. What gets spread out gets diminished so your light loses potency. What gets left to the seedling is too little. That causes the seedling to stretch like a tight shoelace toward the light .

Skinny and tall seedlings are weak seedlings. On top of that, because the seedling has to waste energy and resources looking for enough light, it suffers stress conditions. That depletes its resources even more and makes it open to disorders and diseases. Things that wouldn't bother a strong plant easily take advantage of the weak ones.

Anyway, maybe you're set up okay anyway. If not, try to have your seedlings around 2- 3 inches below your bulbs, best if each seedling gets its own bulb. If you use 13 watt you can get down to an inch. As many will tell you, use your hand to test how hot it is. If it's comfortable for your hand it's good for the seedling. Good luck.

The lights were a bit high in this picture since the room gets hot overnight. The bulbs are 23 watt so they get hotter than you'd think. Thanks for the concern. J think the stretch was from before I got the connectors to hang 6 cfls I think they are happy besides a gnat prob. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom