Is this seed mature?

Grandma Weedstein

I’m just wondering whether this seed is mature or if not, how much longer I should wait before harvesting the others. Plant was pollenized roughly a month ago. (Have in grow tent with male, so don’t know exact time.)

Attachments

• 67E1A703-5E81-4D8F-AD22-1FB7F7800DA9.jpeg
    67E1A703-5E81-4D8F-AD22-1FB7F7800DA9.jpeg
    493.4 KB · Views: 66
Interestingly, when I dissected the seed, it had a pretty decent shell and the insides were filled with a solid white substance. I want to compare it to the filling of an Oreo in terms of color and consistency — perhaps a bit more rigid, if that makes sense. Is that indicative of anything? In other words, is there something about the innards that would indicate maturity?

(Also, it didn’t taste half bad, sort of comparable to like pumpkin seed mixed with sunflower, but smaller obviously — not sure that’s a good description, tho)

Shit, I dissected the fucking thing and then ate it for some reason. I will post better pic with the next one I pluck.

I used to do stuff like that when my DoC came on little squares of heavy paper, sugar cubes, and eye droppers ;).

Had a girlfriend in junior high school - well, actually, she was an acquaintance's girlfriend, but he wasn't very observant - who ate seeds and the tag-ends of joints (roaches). Which I thought was kind of silly, but she did have some positive qualities (in the eyes of a twelve-year old boy).

I used to do stuff like that when my DoC came on little squares of heavy paper, sugar cubes, and eye droppers ;).

Had a girlfriend in junior high school - well, actually, she was an acquaintance's girlfriend, but he wasn't very observant - who ate seeds and the tag-ends of joints (roaches). Which I thought was kind of silly, but she did have some positive qualities (in the eyes of a twelve-year old boy).
I can’t really explain it, the damn thing just looked appetizing somehow!

I’m just wondering whether this seed is mature or if not, how much longer I should wait before harvesting the others. Plant was pollenized roughly a month ago. (Have in grow tent with male, so don’t know exact time.)

I love that picture. The seed is the left eye of the dog looking back over its shoulder.

I have seeds from a self seeding NLa. Some look the same, some less colors and patterns, some grey to almost white. I planted some of each and they all sprouted. Yield to come.

I would have said is was high viability potential.

I like to give mine 8 weeks after pollination. Not an expert, though I figure if it's long enough for the whole plant to mature, the seeds should be GTG, too. Popped some old seeds 3 days ago that are over 10 years old. I'd guess 80% germination. AK47 X Romulan, AK47 X Blueberry and straight Romulan. These were produced shortly after DJ Short won the Cup with Blueberry, and the Blueberry mama was one of his. Got a bunch more of that mama's crosses.

Back
Top Bottom