What explains early maturation of this plant?

eggzin

My plant is a clone from my first Pineapple Express.

I put it under 12/12 lighting 40 days ago and it's now ready for harvest.

My first PE took 65 days to mature and be ready for harvest --that plant was grown from seed. The literature suggests that this plant takes 8 - 9 weeks to mature --56 to 63 days.

What could be the reason behind the early maturation of this clone? Do clones generally mature faster than a plant grown from seed?

I should mention that I significantly defoliated last weekend, at day 33, expecting to continue growing for another 3 weeks (at least). Could I have stressed the plant so much that it immediately began to ripen? I can't remember, before defoliating, whether the pistils had already started to turn color or not. I suspect that they had.

Can someone help me understand what might've happened?

Thank you for your help.

DSCF000379.JPG

good question i suspect it would be difficult or not to pinpoint it down to one thing,i find in the last week they put extra weight on causing the branches to bough and droop at that stage i get the magnifier out to check the trich`s for amber colours,others prefer to harvest with no amber trich`s everyone has their own preference, all the best.

good question i suspect it would be difficult or not to pinpoint it down to one thing,i find in the last week they put extra weight on causing the branches to bough and droop at that stage i get the magnifier out to check the trich`s for amber colours,others prefer to harvest with no amber trich`s everyone has their own preference, all the best.

Yea, I was hoping those colas would put on extra weight in the last week or two, but alas, they're ready now it seems. They're certainly not bending and drooping...

I've checked the trichs with my microscope and, sure enough, I've got some amber, many cloudy, and a lot that are clear....

I'd love to know how I got here this soon...

Yeh the clone would be same age as plant taken from plus the rooting,veg and flowering time,maybe that and defol stress,very short finishing time would equate to an extra grow per year no lol. I once took clones and they flowered earlier by 3 weeks but i had put it down to me giving the plants in veg state female anti pregnancy tablet powdered it and watered plants with it 1 week before flip (just experimenting). very nice plant. regards

Thanks for your reply. Yea, the idea of an extra grow per year wasn't lost on me :cheesygrinsmiley:. Although I was hoping this one would pack on more weight.

I took a clone from this plant at day 21. It's rooted and in my hydro set-up. Just waiting for it to take off like the last one did. We'll see how quick this new one matures.

Back
Top Bottom