Is this soil acceptable for growing MJ?

It doesn't want to zoom the pics. Listen, anything with fertilizers added is usually bad for cannabis growing if you want to go high shelf. Promix is a good mix, cause it doesn't have anything added apart of mycorrhizae, and then you just have to get some good living organic EWC or compost and add around 10-15% of it by weight. Then you really can go any way with keeping it in good condition with most organic techniques.

Miracle-Gro, Nature's Care 32 qt. Organic Potting Mix, 71683120 at The Home Depot - Mobile

I know it has the miracle gro brand on it, but it says it's organic and says nothing about additional fertilizers..is this acceptable to grow mj in? I will be using gh nutes..I would go with fox farms but it's a little pricey and no one sells it close to me..please let me know your opinion. Thanks

Let me give you my reason for not using this soil easy really MG is owned by Scott's and Scott's are now owned by MONSANTO ...enuf said?

Ok thanks! I've had soil issues before and I don't want to go that route again..I actually found a place about 45 min away from me that sells fox farm soil! I'll just make that drive and go get me some....

Do I need to add perlite using fox farm ocean soil? Thanks again..

Read the back of the bag carefully. You'll see it mentions fertilizer... "This product contains 0.173% slowly available nitrogen from poultry litter, feather meal, and meat meal"
This is just another MG product with those little balls of juice. Steer clear of all MG products. Even their bags of just perlite have those little balls of juice.

That is not what that means. They are saying there are natural and organic time release ingredients in the soil. All those ingredients are common organic soil amendments.

To answer the original question, yes, you can grow in it. Be careful of the soil amendments as you will need less fertilizer than you normally would. Go,easy with the ferts.

Ethically, a lot of people don't like Monsanto. Whether you want to support a company with Monsanto's track record is up,to you.

Total nitrogen is .09%, .054 slowly available nitro from poultry litter, alfalfa, bone meal and kelp. So much bad info in these threads. I'm gonna do it and let you know how it went.
Pretty confident it will be ok.

Back
Top Bottom