Help - Is this nitrogen deficiency?

Mac Lean

Hi, guys!
This is my first grow. I went for a Vertigo autoflowering from Paradise Seeds in Miracle Gro Potting Mix Root Boosting Compost (yes, I know most growers hate Miracle Gro), which is supposed to feed the plants for 3 months.
This baby is only 22 days since it broke the soil, so I'm not sure if it's a nutrient deficiency.
Been using only water, since I thought the soil was already nute locked.
Anyway, hope the information provided helps you guys to try and figure what's wrong with my plant, she's a 22 day old autoflower, which means it should start flowering in about a week or so...

PS: I'm using a 250w HPS.

HERE ARE SOME PHOTOS:
20141127_110624.jpg

DSC076381.JPG

DSC07639.JPG

DSC076462.JPG

I think it's just the younger leaves dying off. At the same point where the yellow leaves are you can also see a bunch of new little green growth. I'd just pluck those leaves once they are over 50% yellow, just my opinion though, I have no experience with auto's

I think it's just the younger leaves dying off. At the same point where the yellow leaves are you can also see a bunch of new little green growth. I'd just pluck those leaves once they are over 50% yellow, just my opinion though, I have no experience with auto's

So is it normal for leaves to just die off like that without it being an indicator of any big problems?
Thanks for your reply!

Hi
Check out my thread " progress first grow.
Was having similar problem. Used vigor potting soil to plant and mixed in osmocote. Soil too hot, leaves yellowed, growth slowed. What I did was to transplant to larger pot with good organic soil( losing as much soil as would easily come off roots) and then wAtering with water and 50% mix of flushing agent. Plant is growing now and looking much better. No nutes added since transplant.
Good luck hope this helps
image16037.jpg

Thanks for replying, Rubby813!
But I think my leaves look different than yours, they don't seem nute burned, the yellowing on them is more like what I saw when researching for N deficiencies... :peace:

Back
Top Bottom