What's happening to my baby? Is this normal?

Mac Lean

This is my first grow, it's a Vertigo auto from Paradise Seeds... it all went great until a few days ago, she was looking strong and green, growing really fast. Now she is 25 days old and I started to get this on a few leaves. Is it normal? What does it look to you guys? PH? Nute burn? Pests?
I have been using only water, since the soil already has nutes that should feed the plant for 3 months (Miracle Gro Potting Mix Root Boosting), I also think that if it didn't get any nute burn up until now, it shouldn't be it, since the plant is bigger than before, on the same soil... I don't know, it's my first grow and I'm really a n00b. Hope this is all normal, most leaves look ok though, I think...

HERE ARE SOME PHOTOS:
20141130_083518.jpg

20141130_083524.jpg

20141130_083546.jpg

20141130_083618.jpg

20141130_083648.jpg

20141130_083655.jpg

20141130_083729.jpg

20141130_083732.jpg

Thanks for replying, guys!

It's a 10L pot, I think it should be ok for autos, since they don't grow too much...
I won't be able to transplant it at this stage, is there anything else I can try? :peace:

I just remembered one more thing. A few days ago I had my fan blowing too close to the plant (there's not much space in the tent), could it have made humidity problems and could this be it? I also noticed that some of the smaller top leaves have the edges curling in.

I've put the fan facing the wall of the tent now, so the air doesn't go directly into the plant at full strength and hung a wet towel in there...

i think your best option right now would be to just let her go.

the yellow you see too much nutirents for her. the cupping is either too warm or too low humidity. but its not overly bad at this point.

she will be a little stunted, however, messing with her more than just tryign to lower temps or raise humidity will stress and stunt her even more.

I would chalk it up as a mistake and just ride it out. She will live, and be OK. next time dont use MG :)

True that!

When I started, I read a bunch of bad comments of MG soil, but she was doing really well and growing so fast, I was really impressed and couldn't understand what the big deal was. Until last week and I started getting these problems. Fuck me. lol
Well, live and learn... next time I'll know better. :peace:

never expect perfection. even 100 grows in. there will always be something you could do to make it potentially better. even a perfectly healthy plant could have more potential than what it will finish at.

there will always be a better light, a degree cooler, higher co2, a better nutrient, that brain fart you had the night before. etc.

the important thing is to always keep learning, and never have a closed mind :) keep it up. apart from the slight burning she looks great! good job so far :)

Thanks, dude! :high-five:

I'm kinda hopeful that since it's an auto flowering plant, she will hold on for about one more month, at which point she should be ready to harvest. If I get at least one bud out of her, I'll be happy. :cheer:

In the future, ditch the Miracle Grow as already suggested. You, Me and probably hundreds of thousands of people made that mistake this year. Probably the most common mistake I've seen made with Cannabis, once you're growing in good soil, or coco (which I just started trying now) you should see even better results on the next grow.

Some Miracle Grow can hold water too long, other times the nutes in it are too strong, It's just not an easy soil to use, yet ironically it's marketed as such.

Unfortunately I've made the same mistake, the time release nutes make it a bitch to feed. In my humble opinion and awful mg exp I would suggest to spend a bit of money on another soil to flower in. This giving a base nute from the mg and a control with a soiless medium like pro mix. There are also kits such as doc buds and some of our sponsors that have a 1:winkyface:3 method. You could then add nutes at 1/4-1/2 strength and achive good results. My parents used MG for a while and achieved 4 oz per plants. After switching to a custom blend, they do over 10-12oz/p/plant. Don't sweat it though. No one gets those numbers first time. It takes time and sadly trial by error. Trust me, they r still learning. It's a happy time hobbie. I truly wish you the best of luck with ur grow and hope you keep on a growing in every way possible.

I think the most noobie friendly soil/nutrient is as follows.

Sunshine #4.. Add some extra perlite for good measure and a big scoop of dolomite lime to keep the pH perfect.

Then pickup supernatural nutrients.
It comes as a one part powder. Grow.. And bloom.

You can't dial in with it as it is what it is. But I have never had an issue with it. It produces beautiful plants.

I used it exclusively for this Red Dwarf Auto - 400 CMH

If you look at the plants age vs size and health. It speaks for itself. Minus the pic from after I dropped the light on her... And the two times it grew straight into the HID overnight (which was kept about 6 inches away)

Needless to say... That was a set and forget grow.. I barely had time to even water it.. Infact 3 times I wasn't home to and came back to her wilted half over.

Even with all those issues and no reflectivity on the walls she still almost produced 6 zips in 58 days from germination..

Basically... I'm trying to talk up the simplicity and effectiveness of these nutes.. Cause it almost seems like I tried to kill her more than grow her :p

Back
Top Bottom