Is this thing ready? Small buds and a lanky plant

craiglgj

420 Member
Hey guys. First grow here, and I am almost at the end, hopefully... This is Pink Sherbert (Apparently), from Gorilla Seeds.

I vegged for 7 weeks, had a flip transition to 12/12 for 2 weeks, and am now on flowering week 6, so that's 15 damn weeks, and I am about ready to say goodbye to this grow.

Been using a 600w LED, or so they say on Amazon, but I don't believe it as never got burned leaves with it 10" away.

I am a bit concerned at this point, as I am not satisfied with the size of the buds. There are gaps on the stems, modest sized buds on top, but not enough to go around, as the rest of the plant has inferior to laughable sized buds. This is very disheartening. I am hoping to pay off the electricity bill from all of this, and then some.

Let me know what you guys think, should I start the flushing now for 2 weeks and call it quits, or flower for a bit longer and then flush at like week 7 or 8 or something? Please tell me there is still going to be an expansion in bud size if I flush now, starting to lose hope.

Attachments

• IMG_6475.JPG
    IMG_6475.JPG
    742.9 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_6477.JPG
    IMG_6477.JPG
    586.7 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_6479.JPG
    IMG_6479.JPG
    529.1 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_6482.JPG
    IMG_6482.JPG
    580 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_6483.JPG
    IMG_6483.JPG
    652.4 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_6485.JPG
    IMG_6485.JPG
    556.9 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_6486.JPG
    IMG_6486.JPG
    601.8 KB · Views: 74
A plant need 9-10 week for flowering and your 600w led probably only pull 200 true watt from the wall its not enough for flowering cannabis if its was me let it go for for an other 2 week before flush and learn from that experience buy a better led or a hps for next grow

Flushing will basically just stop what little growth you may get the final two weeks.
That's when buds fatten is the last two weeks.
Definitely need more light for larger buds, and some phenotypes of some strains just have smaller buds even if everything is perfect.
Unless the plant has a toxicity and salt build up I wouldn't flush.

I would add another light before next grow, if you're in soil use at least a 10 gallon fabric pot, if you're soilless do 7 gallon fabric pot.
Try to get about 50w per square foot in flower.

Been getting all the PK and Canna booster it needs lol, and even molasses. After adding the molasses it actually grew over night in size, and worked way more than the rip-off booster Canna seem to claim is amazing.

It's a coco grow, and is in an 8 litre air pot, the grow guy at my local hydro shop said I'd end up with a smaller plant, but bigger yields in that pot, and it is impossible for it to become root bound... but so far, seems like horse shit.

Flushing will basically just stop what little growth you may get the final two weeks.
That's when buds fatten is the last two weeks.
Definitely need more light for larger buds, and some phenotypes of some strains just have smaller buds even if everything is perfect.
Unless the plant has a toxicity and salt build up I wouldn't flush.

I would add another light before next grow, if you're in soil use at least a 10 gallon fabric pot, if you're soilless do 7 gallon fabric pot.
Try to get about 50w per square foot in flower.

Cheers man, guess I'll have to maybe start small and work my way to getting a better light; budget and all, but I will definitely do what you said and up the lights on the next grow. A branded one might be a good investment.

I don't think it's possible for salt build up as I water very frequently to run off, even then I sometimes add a cleaning solution to break down any salt that may stay in the coco.

I read a lot of stuff online, contradictory at best, but I was under the impression they would grow larger in the last two weeks regardless of flushing or not, as there is still nutrients to be had inside the plant itself? I was going to flush for two weeks in coco, but some folk say a week is better in this medium, I don't know.

A plant need 9-10 week for flowering and your 600w led probably only pull 200 true watt from the wall its not enough for flowering cannabis if its was me let it go for for an other 2 week before flush and learn from that experience buy a better led or a hps for next grow

You know what dude, I think that's true, I have heard people say they never put out what they say, especially them cheap ones off Amazon.

I was able to pull 1/4lb off each plant with only 100w draw serving each one. Mars Hydro eco series.

I was told “no way that’s going to give you a nice crop” 25 watts a square foot. Then this happened.

Attachments

• 4FF8AADF-F5CA-4D22-9E55-4706DF638514.jpeg
    4FF8AADF-F5CA-4D22-9E55-4706DF638514.jpeg
    864.1 KB · Views: 67
  • 46E7F92F-F4EA-437F-B43F-D88C5CC0F57C.jpeg
    46E7F92F-F4EA-437F-B43F-D88C5CC0F57C.jpeg
    429.4 KB · Views: 71
That is insane!

I've heard of the Mars Hydro series, might have to invest.

When did you see a major difference in size, is it true what they say, double or even triple in the last two weeks? I am not going to know until I see results, lol. It's all an expremient at this stage for me.

That is a great set-up and results there though dude.

I based my light decisions on PAR output, and the nanometer ranges the light delivered. My consensus is that they don’t care about wattage. They care about PAR and useable spectrum.

I think you have proved that to be the case, that is amazing results. I need to look into this asap.

I wish there was more research and proven science behind most of the things that pop up online, it's like a guessing game sometimes.

That is insane!

I've heard of the Mars Hydro series, might have to invest.

When did you see a major difference in size, is it true what they say, double or even triple in the last two weeks? I am not going to know until I see results, lol. It's all an expremient at this stage for me.

That is a great set-up and results there though dude.

I’m quite happy with them. They were a great price. ETL/UL certified. They daisy chain. And I can adjust each one to the proper canopy height for it’s self.

Second pic is 4 weeks before the first. First pic is about 3-4 days prior to harvest.

Attachments

• 51652AA8-535D-4020-A551-55CE1C43BE00.jpeg
    51652AA8-535D-4020-A551-55CE1C43BE00.jpeg
    994.2 KB · Views: 62
  • 594229BC-A7C4-4BD2-A952-217947513DBA.jpeg
    594229BC-A7C4-4BD2-A952-217947513DBA.jpeg
    839.9 KB · Views: 80
Nunyabiz

The dude at the hydro shop must have been bullshitting me, he said it would be fine for flowering, and would stop excess root growth and pot bound roots, but give greater yields, well not exactly the results he said lol. Think these pots were designed to give maximum airflow, so that the roots just stop and turn brown once they hit the air holes.

I guess he might have been expecting me to have a shorter plant, I mean I didn't top it until late on, and it's like a christmas tree, no LST or anything.

Well hes partially correct, airpots and especially fabric pots do prevent root binding. If you were in a 2 gallon regular plastic pot it would have severely root bound long before you even got to flower.
But theres no such thing as "excess root growth" you want the biggest root mass you can get.
More roots = more and bigger fruits.

Fabric pots cause the roots to self prune its basically like topping your roots except instead of just doubling it produces many many times more root tips.

Back
Top Bottom