Are these buds too small for week 6

DexterC

Hello everyone,

I am doing a routine check to this girl, she is in day 1 of week 6 flower and from what I have seen to others, the buds should be much bigger by this time. The strain is Critical by Royal Queen Seeds and it's supposed to be ready between 7-9 weeks. What do you guys think? Will I end up with small airy buds? Or will I be able to pull out something at least reasonable?

20201203_175527.jpg

20201206_150339.jpg

THose figures aren't set in stone. Figure 2 weeks of "thinking about why the lights changed so suddenly", stay the course. If it goes 9, it goes 9. I have a critical cooking that's further along, it doesn't seem to be a very heavy producer.

Hello everyone,

I am doing a routine check to this girl, she is in day 1 of week 6 flower and from what I have seen to others, the buds should be much bigger by this time. The strain is Critical by Royal Queen Seeds and it's supposed to be ready between 7-9 weeks. What do you guys think? Will I end up with small airy buds? Or will I be able to pull out something at least reasonable?

20201203_175527.jpg

20201206_150339.jpg
She's probably not as far along as stated... I'm betting it's 5 weeks complete(35 Days in) rather than 42. I can't see the whole plant and don't know the light source(or growing style), but if it's a QB setup, you will do exceptionally well, if it's an older tech light the quality will be fine, but yields are lower(significantly). The good news is she looks frosty and healthy, a little tipping on the end of the leaves, but NO big deal, I push hard myself and it happens from time to time... it's not a factor. :Namaste:

I suspect you are a week off in your calculations... they look like 5 week buds to me
She's probably not as far along as stated... I'm betting it's 5 weeks complete(35 Days in) rather than 42. I can't see the whole plant and don't know the light source(or growing style), but if it's a QB setup, you will do exceptionally well, if it's an older tech light the quality will be fine, but yields are lower(significantly). The good news is she looks frosty and healthy, a little tipping on the end of the leaves, but NO big deal, I push hard myself and it happens from time to time... it's not a factor. :Namaste:
She is now day 38 so she is past week 5, early in week 6. I pushed her with the nutrients a bit because earlier in flower I had some deficiencies so at the moment I am still figuring out the right dose since I got a new brand of nutrients.

Thanks guys for everything :)

If you are counting the days since the flip, you very well could be a week to 10 days off. I don't start counting bloom days until after the plant has made the transition from veg to bloom, and that process takes 7 to 10 days from the day you flip the lights. Other people start counting from the day of flip, but I have found over the years that my plants always ran a week to 10 days late at the end when I did that. Now that I wait for the plants to actually start blooming before I count it as bloom time, I can usually much more accurately predict the end date. Keep this in mind at the end of your grow, and be careful not to harvest before she is actually done.

If you are counting the days since the flip, you very well could be a week to 10 days off. I don't start counting bloom days until after the plant has made the transition from veg to bloom, and that process takes 7 to 10 days from the day you flip the lights. Other people start counting from the day of flip, but I have found over the years that my plants always ran a week to 10 days late at the end when I did that. Now that I wait for the plants to actually start blooming before I count it as bloom time, I can usually much more accurately predict the end date. Keep this in mind at the end of your grow, and be careful not to harvest before she is actually done.
Thank you, that I did not know. About harvest, I check the trichomes. I wait for a little amber to appear and most pistils to turn yellow, but considering what you told me I might have ended up wondering why is she taking so long to finish. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom