Jack’s 321 for RDWC

jacks is great stuff. i never used it in dwc though.

jack's has gotten more complicated over the years. they have formulas for different media including rdwc. they also have formulas for both tap and RO water. in the past issues revolved around the stuff not dissolving. i'm pretty sure the newer formulas were done to address this concern.

i haven't tried any of the newer formulas, there are a couple shops around here selling the two-part system, which is more for coco or promix. jack's is most often compared to mega crop as both are dry nutes you mix yourself. jack's is probably better but is less cost effective.

Hmmm, no replies. I’m going to bump this back up top and ask @bluter to jump in. I‘m pretty confident he has tried every nute on the continent.
jacks is great stuff. i never used it in dwc though.

jack's has gotten more complicated over the years. they have formulas for different media including rdwc. they also have formulas for both tap and RO water. in the past issues revolved around the stuff not dissolving. i'm pretty sure the newer formulas were done to address this concern.

i haven't tried any of the newer formulas, there are a couple shops around here selling the two-part system, which is more for coco or promix. jack's is most often compared to mega crop as both are dry nutes you mix yourself. jack's is probably better but is less cost effective.
I use jacks 321 for 5 weeks in veg and the girls are having some sort of deficiency.

DA4B63C8-6836-4DB3-AD10-20A032A82A31.png

would need to know a lot more to call it.

a quick look says mag def. both Jack's and MC have mag sources, but you may have to supplement under certain conditions. as you are dwc you also have to run the correct 321 formula for tap or RO depending on your water source. the difference is in the cal-mag amount the nute carries.

if you are on unfiltered well then toss a dart, anything is possible. simplest would be to supplement with a mag source.

the cupping at the top also points to a plant dealing with mag, possibly induced by a pull from strong led lighting.

would need to know a lot more to call it.

a quick look says mag def. both Jack's and MC have mag sources, but you may have to supplement under certain conditions. as you are dwc you also have to run the correct 321 formula for tap or RO depending on your water source. the difference is in the cal-mag amount the nute carries.

if you are on unfiltered well then toss a dart, anything is possible. simplest would be to supplement with a mag source.

the cupping at the top also points to a plant dealing with mag, possibly induced by a pull from strong led lighting.
Thank you for your replie Bluter. I am using RO water which has 40ppm and jacks 321 formula at 80% strength, 3g/gallon jacks 5-12-26 with 1g/gallon Epson salt and 2g/gallon calnit (15-0-0). After I flushed the system for 24h I go back using General Hydroponic and the girls look much better within two days. I don’t know if Jack’s Nutrients is good for DWC or I should add 2ml/g calmag to the 321 formula.

you could add cal-mag.
i'm not up to speed on the newer formulas. make sure the 321 you use is for RO. there is more than one.

I am just wondering if anyone have used Jack’s 321 in DWC with success. I would like to learn the pros and cons of your experience.
i have but you gotta start low strength like 10 % or less until plant is ready for topping then after topping i go ballz out 100 % 321 mix and the plants take off for the entire grow then flush 1 week . had a cpl grows get the root funk but i now use hydrogaurd with it. next im gonna try adding the bloom booster but not sure if it'll even need it. jacks 321 is the business hands down for budget friendly complete nute mix in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom