Jack Skellington Curled up/dry leaves?

Mr G

IMG_0562_zps94cbd38c.png

DSC_0013_5911_zps787dbdee.png

DSC_0012_5910_zps70b3389c.png

DSC_0011_5909_zps97590aa6.png

DSC_0010_5908_zps732702db.png

DSC_0009_5907_zps7fca1aac.png
Currently in week 6 of flower. Haven't changed a thing. Same lights, same nutes, but recently the cola leaves started getting very dry and curling upwards. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

whats your temps , looks like heat stress
also are you feeding bloom ?? looks like a touch too much of Nitrogen .
they are pretty tall plants so i would look at the bottom of pots to see if they are root bound , that would stop nutes from getting to her , are they drinking more ?
The pots are on the small side. Been watering every 2-3 days for a couple of weeks. Using Fox Farm "Big Bloom" and "Tiger Bloom" with tap water. Doesn't feel hot under the lights. Humidity is at 30%, room temps between 75-81 constant.

dosnt look too bad , get her back in, then check temps up top where buds are
Just moved them an additional 5" from the light. And yes, there's a fan blowing on them 24/7. I only water when the pots feel light. Appreciate the assistance very much.

you got nice plants there , when the leaves curl up like that they are too warm (taco) ... i think thats your only big problem .. also did you flush your plant before you fed the bloom , sometimes the Nitrogen builds up , thats where the kind of (claw) and tips bend , any ways good enough show :) keep an eye on heat up top , thats where your fan should be blowing across the top

you got nice plants there , when the leaves curl up like that they are too warm (taco) ... i think thats your only big problem .. also did you flush your plant before you fed the bloom , sometimes the Nitrogen builds up , thats where the kind of (claw) and tips bend , any ways good enough show :) keep an eye on heat up top , thats where your fan should be blowing across the top
Thanks... I did not flush before feeding the bloom notes for the first time. I do have a fan blowing on them 24/7.

Two of the four plants are getting dry up top. Those 2 plants don't seem to be drinking up the water/nutes from the last watering {3-4 days ago}. The other two are not getting dry up top. I'm assuming it is not a heat issue, because only two of the four are affected. Regardless, I pulled the worst one away from the light, gave it a quick fresh water flush, and hope it improves. Thanks for all the suggestions. :peace:

DSC_0009_5923_zpsb6814684.png

DSC_0010_5924_zps04d78cb8.png

1st pic is the worst example of the drying bud on one of the plants. The 2nd pic is the bud just to the left of that bud in the 1st pic, both on the very same plant. #2 looks much better than #1, but still not 100%. I flushed 12 hours ago, and removed from direct light. The 2 dry plants don't look any better yet. Is a comeback possible or no? Not sure if I should harvest the 2 dry plants now before it's too late...

Can you fill this out for us quickly? Will let us solve the problem the fastest way
How many plants? What strains?
How old are they?
Indoor or outdoor?
How big is your area if its indoors and is it well ventilated?
What medium/soil are you using?
Whats the size of the containers?
What's your lighting set up?
What's the temperature and humidity like at any given time?
What's your ph like, both medium and nutes?
Any pests around?
What is your watering schedule like?

Can you fill this out for us quickly? Will let us solve the problem the fastest way
How many plants? What strains? 4 plants, Jack Skellington.
How old are they? 6th week of flower.
Indoor or outdoor? indoor
How big is your area if its indoors and is it well ventilated? 12 x 12 room, well ventilated.
What medium/soil are you using? Fox Farm Ocean Forest
Whats the size of the containers? 3-4 gallon
What's your lighting set up? 4' T5 with twelve 52w 3000K bulbs, also 4 65w = 300w CFL bulbs @ 2700K.
What's the temperature and humidity like at any given time? 75-81 F, 27%-37% humidity.
What's your ph like, both medium and nutes? No idea on PH. Fox Farm nutes every watering, Big Bloom/Tiger Bloom, full strength.
Any pests around? None
What is your watering schedule like? When they feel light... every 2-3 days of late, just prior to this issue.
Thanks very much...

Everything looks fine, except the ph and the full strength feedings. Due to the full strength, you probably made the ph pretty acidic and the plant is going through lockout, plus it may be overfed with the soil being FFOF but I don't think we can tell that until the ph is restored to normal. Try to get it back to a ph of 6.5-6.8. A cheap ph pen will still be one of the most important tools in a grow, I've learned that much. If you can, spend $30 and get one online.

They also look a little overwatered; for future reference, if a leaf and its stem is drooping then the plant is underwatered, if the leaf is drooping but the stem is not then the plant is overwatered. Easy way of telling the two apart

Back
Top Bottom