Just a thought

cubnamy1995

I've been hearing the discussion floating around that says one of the problems with legalization is how to enact it. I just had a though or two since the people in power seem to have no idea what they are doing. Here goes.

1) Congress must reclassify marijuana off of the federal narcotic scheduling system entirely. It should be treated as an "intoxicating plant" muck like we define alcohol. Federal law enforcement would be removed from the DEA, and folded into a newly revised Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Marijuana. Their enforcement capabilities would be strictly regulatory, fighting down the black market, like they should be doing in the first place.

2) With Federal authority removed, it now falls to individual states to regulate the manufacture, sale, and taxing of marijuana. Taxpayers will appreciate the reduced prison load and the new source of revenue to keep taxes down (hear that Tea Party people!) Some states may jump all over it. Others may not. The community decides for itself.

3) With MJ essentially removed from the black market, minors will have a more difficult time getting it. Nobody goes to their drug dealer for a beer. They won't for weed when you can get it at the liquor store. Kids can't go into liquor stores. Not terribly complicated. They'll have to resort to the same thing they do with alcohol, steal it from their parents.

4) Enforcement of laws passed to prevent intoxicated driving would remain unchanged, with anyone behind the wheel high facing just as stiff a penalty as they do now.

I know I've glossed over a lot. I'm pretty high right now. But doesn't this make sense? Why continue to waste so much fighting a 5000 year old herbal remedy? Go bust a meth lab. That's where our money should be going. Just a thought.

I agree w/most of what you are saying... good stuff!
I think that another thing we face is ignorance, most people have no idea what MJ is all about, this is true especially for the medical MJ grower, we are unlike most any other consumer of MJ. But, as far as most of the ignorant gen pop is concerned, we are just milking the system to get our way!
The point I am making is, there needs to be more factual based info, not what the (Gov tries to pass off as the truth) made available to the gen pop that contains the "whole truth" about this lil plant and its uses.
The thing I fear is that the Gov. will want to be too involved and will try to keep the MMJ grower under thumb to keep control... I for one will never submit to this sort of overseeing.
I grow my meds because I love growing, not because I am a bad person who sneaks around like a common thief!
I don't want Gov. eyes in my garden, house or anywhere else that they have no right to be.
I am one of those who would rather that MJ stay illegal than to surrender one of the last great (LEGAL) joys in my life... I would just as soon that things stay like they are rather than to trust it to the hands of an inept Gov... especially under while it is in the hands of Obama!

my friend right now I am so @##IWIR angry with all the moves toward a police state just when we thought we might be making some serious progress... it really sickens me. P.s not a bad thought for being out there! Yeah you got it right, but who in this ever more chaotic situation is going to listen to reason? Who is really willing to even reason! one side this the other side that and all between are just sheep! or nazis... crap!!!
no you hit it good. don't doubt your thoughts.:tokin:
gonna vape up some of mine here in a minute... an' go out an' do somethin' illegal and crazy yeah that's the ticket~~~ get high do eeeeviiillll... moooahhhhaaaa haaaaahaaaaaa...
I mean come on! who wants to go anywhere, I wanna sit here n finish this here weed...

Now we have the AG saying they will continue to enforce, and will even sue. I have tried to avoid being a conspiracy theorist, but it is obvious that what the people demand no longer matters. Our government no longer represents our interests. Here's a quote:

"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security."

The same document also says:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness.

Are we headed for another revolution?

Back
Top Bottom