Just got my tent. Need advise

cambeezy

So this is my first attempt. Thank all of you that have put some really good info on here. Very helpful. My question is my tent is 36x20x62. Bought it off an online auction site. I also purchased a 600w light system. Both should be shown below. OK, my question. Is the light too big for this tent? I have not yet purchased any fans. I also see that this is not an air cooled hood. That could be a problem too right? Should I buy a new light? Invest a need hood? What about cooling? I plan on purchasing another tent later on after I get some experience. So the 600w to go in the next tent.

Light
HID_2_001.jpg

Tent
grow_tent_36x20x62_mylar_opened.jpg

You're fine with the 600 watt. It's a little overkill but not alot. You should see nice dense buds and fully developed plants using it.
\Definately dump that wing reflector and go with an air cooled reflector with 6" duct flanges. Then you get yourself a 6" inline fan to pull the heat off the lamp and your good to go. You can leave one side of the reflector open so you exuast the odor, heat, and humdity thru the reflector and out of the tent. If you're moving the air to a place like thru a ceiling you may not need a carbon scrubber. If you're exausting the air to a place where people may smell the exausted air you will need the scrubber.
You will also need a good way to get fresh air into the tent. The passive intakes on the bottom of the tent will be enough if the air around the tent is clean and fresh. The light exaust should be able to pull the fresh air surrounding the tent inside the tent.

Thank you for the tips. Actually the access to the attic is right above where the tent is going so that is where I plan on venting it to. I will do some research on the reflector as well as the fan. I was planning on building a odor neutralizer up in the attic. Maybe even one in the room. Maybe adding a computer fan at the bottom to pull in fresh air too. I will keep updating as I go. Thanks again

1663526985873.png

Thank you for the tips. Actually the access to the attic is right above where the tent is going so that is where I plan on venting it to. I will do some research on the reflector as well as the fan. I was planning on building a odor neutralizer up in the attic. Maybe even one in the room. Maybe adding a computer fan at the bottom to pull in fresh air too. I will keep updating as I go. Thanks again

1663526968461.png

:thumb: solid plan! :goodluck:

I found this at Home Sleepot. For $27.97. 6 In. fan has free air CFM of 160 and max boosted CFM of 160. The new reflector will cost just about as much as the whole lighting system. I got it for $122. A new hood will cost around $100 bucks. Any other solution? I got the tent for $66.

change the reflector to a 4" air cooled with 360-450 CFM blower
I know you got a good deal but that setup will fry your game really quick.
I use a 1K with 6" and 450 CFM.......but my tent is 4.5x4.5x7

You are right. No sense on wasting a good possibility on 100 bucks. I did come across this for $36. Is it just junk? Looks pretty shotty. 6" I am willing to go to 4". Got a good place on getting a cheap setup? I know, penny pincher.

Never mind it was for the wings only.

I found another one for $78.68. Plantmax Cool Tube Reflector 6" UG/RCT/6. What does UG/RCT/6 mean? Will that be compatible with what I have? (Electronic 600 Watt ballast, High Pressure Sodium (HPS) bulb, Metal Halide (MH) bulb)

Back
Top Bottom