Just made my DIY Carbon Filter

Jeeztatted

My grow box is 5 ft tall 2 ft wide and 2 ft long.

I built my on carbon filter and bought two computer fans (80mm)

The RPM for both is 2600 on the highest speed.
The CFM for both is 34.

I'm using both to filter the air through the carbon and out the box. Will these fans be powerful enough to exchange all the air in the box ? Or do I need to add a more powerful fan ?

Re: Just made my DIY CARBON FILTER.

If your box is 5x2x2 then you have 20 cubic feet in the box, and you have 2 fans running 34 cubic feet per min (each??), If one is an intake and one an exhaust the you will be moving enough air to change it over more than once per min. but that does not account for draw thru the carbon filter, I am not sure how much resistance there would be thru your filter, but it sounds like it will move enough air.

I doubt computer fans will move enough air to keep that space cool.

I have both of those fans running together as an exhaust for the filter. I cut a hole at the bottom for the intake, and put a bigger fan by it to simulate wind for the plants which should also help bring air in... you don't think the little fans can remove enough air if used together?

missed the computer fan part, are you sure they can move 34 cubic feet per min?? also, are they for cooling or for air exchange?? are your lights cooled??

using cfl lights.

Im using both fans together for air exchange in the carbon filter.

I have a bigger fan for cooling and I have a vent for intake

if they can move 34 cubic feet per min and you are using them just to pull fresh air in, they should do the trick but keep an eye on your temps. If it gets too hot you would need bigger exhaust fans. I think you only need to change the air over once every couple of minutes to have fresh co2 for the plants, and if the fans are doing 34 cf/m and your box is 20 cubic feet you should be good.

Back
Top Bottom