Just not sure what deficiency this is?

TWINTURBODOGO

Hello all.
We have a plant in the 6th week of actual flower, with deficiencies.

It's actually had the same problem the entire grow. We haven't been able to fix it.
So info on the situation.
Sativa 6th week since showing pistols.
Dwc using 5g r/o in 10g res.
Ph at water change 6.2 and drifts down to 5.2
Ppm 480
2'x4'x5' tent
1 "400w" COB led and 1 "300w" led.
Water changes every 2 weeks
Temps are 70-80 with r/h 60%
Roots are healthy white and haven't had any problems.
Res temps are 68°-70°

We started grow with botanicare pure blend pro grow, bloom and pure blend tea as nutes.

Bout a month into veg we started seeing leaf margins lightening at the tips and moving back but veins and stems staying dark.
Followed by the affected leaf tips and edges turning brown and burnt looking.

We though cal/mag deficiency so upped it. That didn't solve the problem, it continued to affect more leaves.

We were told by a couple different folks that it could be our line of nutrients being close to organic in hydro and just not providing what the plant needs.

They also told us that with led's the plant uses more magnesium. And to try epsom salt.
So we mixed up 1tsp into 1 gal top off. But the plant started smelling like a fart or rotten eggs. That sulfur smell came from the leaves about 8 hours after adding the salt.
The plant didn't seems bothered by it. We left it a few days and then did a water change. We just couldn't take the smell anymore lol.

So we switched up our nutes to Botanicare KIND line. After flush from fart smell.

It's been 7 days since the switch, can't see much difference.

Other then now the canopy leaves are tacoing, lol.

Here are the pics of what we have goin on.
Any thoughts on what it might be are greatly needed and appreciated!

3ecf45f8a66fed077eb1f96e1f77146c.jpg

3fd4aea0427ee359c20a3b04ce262fd6.jpg

fa8807e924f3dfc56031030f6d9d49bd.jpg

b8c46ecb8d4866d31b162c5a8e1a05ab.jpg

d12ecd0b74964453ce39ca0e057d31ff.jpg

59d651f0c0f6a71000a19d6c8bd5a1c9.jpg

89ac7c1577cb6390db41db1deb77e496.jpg

599bd08ce5b7ae603a1c783bb7942d5f.jpg

c11ae18b760636c9d55b941da94187e3.jpg

c1e463e82d378617245e6275afaece3e.jpg

ba62f4b2376700bb15c0e1335f74a769.jpg

3d74f82612d36d3a5f2966cbcdea4ac1.jpg

Don't know bud. Sure looks like Magnesium to me. In my experience by you saying that the veins stayed dark that even tells me Magnesium is the culprit even more. Have you foliar fed her some epsom? I would consider it. 1tsp per gallon with a single drop of non toxic liquid dish soap as a lubricant. Are any of your leafs kind of pulling to one side or the other too? Like if you look down the center vein it curves off to one side on some leafs?
Mag will cause a lower harvest if that's whats lacking

Thanks for responding fanleaf.
We did also have a little of the draw string goin on. Is that calcium?

There aren't really any more new leafs growing so can't tell if that's still goin on.
We haven't tried to foliar feed epsom salt. Can we do that this far into flower?

Any other thoughts or opinions from other folks?
This is only our 2nd grow so really could use some experienced eye bowels lookin at this.

Sure you can. Just be sure air circulation is good so there's no mold issue. I would tend to do it 20 minutes before lights on time so not to long after the foliar your lights are on to help dry things up. Thats also a good time because the leafs stomata will be opening.

Thank you again, well try epsom salt foliar that way.

And I read about it and figured they'd be tied together.
We have used cal/mag by GH the whole grow.
Well until now. According to the Botanicare tech rep we don't need cal/mag with KIND line.
We'd just up the base nutes to up the calcium and or magnesium.

We do have a little new growth on some of the smaller buds. But none on the top buds.

Yeah, the more I look the more it looks like both ca and mg to me man. Strange that it's doing that even though you have been giving it some. Usually that would scream pH issue but if your meter is right that shouldn't be the problem either. I hope the progression stops for you.

We did have ph issues in veg. First really low ph due to the Botanicare pure blend nutes lowering quite a bit.
Then ph way up we found out that was due to the silica so got that straightened out.
Lol we even calibrated our ph meter after that.

Ph has been stable for about 8 weeks now.

We had been using 25ml cal/mag for 5 gal r/o. And 5ml in 1 gal top off every 2-3 days.

We've got about 3 weeks or so left, I hope anyway. Then we'll try a new plant using the KIND nutes from beginning to end and see if we straighten things out.

I had an issue similar to this and and thought it was a cal/mag def. Howeverit turned out to be a potassium deficiency. Added some pk booster (hammerhead because i use AN) and it stopped happening. Can't say for certain that this is what you have going on but worth taking a look at. Google potassium deficincy cannabis and see what you think.

Sent from my LGLS990 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I had an issue similar to this and and thought it was a cal/mag def. Howeverit turned out to be a potassium deficiency. Added some pk booster (hammerhead because i use AN) and it stopped happening. Can't say for certain that this is what you have going on but worth taking a look at. Google potassium deficincy cannabis and see what you think.

Good call bro. Worth a look for sure.

Thank you I'll look into it. Does MOAB have the same effects? I'll have to look at the label and see.

MAOB would definitely work if thats what this is. I was going to use that until i found hammerhead. It has higher k than p and thats what i wanted. There are plenty of pk boosters out there to choose from and ive seen good results from most of them

Back
Top Bottom