Just one more question about sprouted corn for sst

pointer80

Hello all, I have one more question about corn for sst, I talked to a local brewery supply and they have organic non gmo malted corn, would this be the same as fresh sprouted corn? thanks.

Malted corn is white corn that has been soaked, allowed to germinate, then immediately dried. Moonshiners like it, if I remember correctly. Causes it to create the enzymes that concert the starch into sugar and... some that are useful to the yeast, I think.

Malted corn is white corn that has been soaked, allowed to germinate, then immediately dried. Moonshiners like it, if I remember correctly. Causes it to create the enzymes that concert the starch into sugar and... some that are useful to the yeast, I think.
Thank you, I am curious is malted corn from a brew shop the same as freshly sprouted? Thanks

Be an awfully big stretch of the definition, IMHO. "Freshly sprouted" implies, among other things, that a thing is still alive and a viable plantlet.

In practice, I suppose it would depend on the purpose you're intending to use it for. Which probably wouldn't help me give you a good answer, because you now know everything I know about malted corn. But - hopefully - with that information, perhaps someone else here will be able to help you.

Yes you can use malted corn.

Theres a Coots recipe that's something like.
1 oz of malted corn per gallon of water ground up fine
2 teaspoons of kelp meal

Bubble those for 24 hours

Then add 1/4 cup per gallon of aloe vera water and same of coconut water.
1/2 oz per gallon of Ful Power fulvic acid

I just prefer to sprout it fresh toss in a blender and add that milk to 5 gallons of RO water.

Back
Top Bottom