Corn seed sprout tea

johnehazeharvester

I am going to try a corn seed sprouted tea.
I believe they should be used when tap root first shows, as opposed to sprouts for eating.
I soaked 1/4 cup for 12 hours in tap well water ph 8.3.
Rinse 2x daily for 24 hours.
Should be ready tonight.

Now this is ultra low cost and not organic.
I bought a 50 lb bag at tractor supply for <$20. This is intended for livestock supplemental feeds.
My intention was to feed local squirrels to hopefully keep them away from bird feeders.

I have been experimenting with sprouts for personal consumption and figured I would try to make this.
I know there pesticides, were likely used, but they have been washed and my plants are still in veg. I eat non organic meats so I dont think it would be any worse from a health stand point. Not sure how my microbes in the soil will like it.

After I put early sprouts in a blender I was going to seperate the solids and dilute the liquid with a gallon of spring water ph'd to 6.5 or so and give with next watering,

I probably will make a ferment from the solids (with a KNF method using equal part sugar) and use to feed later.

I'll update and see how plants respond.

I love this approach. I would be thoroughly interested in hearing about your progress and your findings. My organic approach was starting to touch on that whole KNF method as well. That is before I hung it up for a while. The idea if extraction of weeds and sprouts, or even just vegetation period is enthralling to contemplate.

We had a member who was diving in to this very same thing. @NuttyProfessor There may be others here trying this method, but I don't see any threads added on to specifically geared towards this idea.

If interested check out some of Nutty's posts for his approach and method. I think he called "jadam", or something like that. He had purchased some literature to Garner more insight and techniques.

@Pat Puffer
I am half way through the Jadam book. It is a bit meandaring and political.
I am trying to pull the useful info from it. Most thngs have to divide by 100 as it is more for farming.
I have made a fermentated plant juice somewhat different than there methid with less sugar and more water. I made a post about it.
Chris Trump has very good vieos on youtube.
I got the idea of sprout tea from a podcast, cant remeber which one.
IF the sprouted tea works it will be a great nearly free input.
So far I have been impressed w EWC and EWC tea I made but I just made it in a gallon jug w mollases. no aeration.
I have some chicken manure tea mixed with fish tank water. I gave it last night but may have been over brewed. Not pleasant smelling. I will see how they are doing when I get home.

I have a camera connected to Wi-Fi in the room. They seem okay.
Screenshot_20230314-135231.png

@Pat Puffer
I am half way through the Jadam book. It is a bit meandaring and political.
I am trying to pull the useful info from it. Most thngs have to divide by 100 as it is more for farming.
I have made a fermentated plant juice somewhat different than there methid with less sugar and more water. I made a post about it.
Chris Trump has very good vieos on youtube.
I got the idea of sprout tea from a podcast, cant remeber which one.
IF the sprouted tea works it will be a great nearly free input.
So far I have been impressed w EWC and EWC tea I made but I just made it in a gallon jug w mollases. no aeration.
I have some chicken manure tea mixed with fish tank water. I gave it last night but may have been over brewed. Not pleasant smelling. I will see how they are doing when I get home.

I have a camera connected to Wi-Fi in the room. They seem okay.
Screenshot_20230314-135231.png
They were all praying when I got home.

Back
Top Bottom