keeps growing small leaves

crustedfilth

I'm on week 11 of flowering and my girls just keep growing more and more small leaves where there should be buds. There are very small buds right now but they aren't getting any bigger, just new leaf growth.

I've been putting them outdoors for sun the past week or so due to nice weather and the leaf growth just exploded. Can anyone tell me y?

thanks in advance
crusty

tell more about your setup

any pics?

no pics as the camera is jacked. But I'm running 4 4 foot floro fixtures with full spectrum light, I"ve increased the P about 2 weeks ago. I would have done it earlier but I didn't know better. Girls are about 3 feet tall and look really healthy just no decent buds yet. Small ones are there but don't seem to want to grow.

you say 4 fixtures, how many bulbs per fixture?

sounds to me like the buds are small because your lighting setup isnt ideal for flowering, not enough lumens penetrating down... if i were flowering with floros, i would train the plant either using scrog or LST and have the whole plant right up on the light...

not sure about the leaf growth, are you sure the plants are getting the required dark period without any light pollution?

i thought most strains should be done by 12 weeks...? altho there are surely exceptions for all different latitudes...

hey crusted ........... im in week 9 of flower i m using 8 4ft. t5's my plants are cranking their about 4ft. tall and i have about 20 12in. colas i had 8 plants in a 2x4 closet 2 got smothered out by the other plants so i had to sacrafice them , im growing sea of green , i trained them early on to stay the same height snapping the main stem and i keep the light rite down on them 2inches away , the thing i noticed about growing with the t5's is things just seem to take a little longer other than that im happy with the flouro's ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, SMOKR1

hey crusted ........... im in week 9 of flower i m using 8 4ft. t5's my plants are cranking their about 4ft. tall and i have about 20 12in. colas i had 8 plants in a 2x4 closet 2 got smothered out by the other plants so i had to sacrafice them , im growing sea of green , i trained them early on to stay the same height snapping the main stem and i keep the light rite down on them 2inches away , the thing i noticed about growing with the t5's is things just seem to take a little longer other than that im happy with the flouro's ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, SMOKR1

Thanks man. From the time germination to now its been 5 months so yeah I'm guessing things take a little longer. LOL

And yes I royally F'ed up the nutes. Oh well, its my first time. I"m only gonna get better.

like i said im using t5'sand i have huge colas , dont be discouraged ! ................ remember its all just an experiment !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SMOKR1 :peace:

I've been putting them outdoors for sun the past week or so due to nice weather and the leaf growth just exploded. Can anyone tell me y?

thanks in advance
crusty

Yes, they were getting more light.

Figure ~5000 lumens/sq ft for flowering.

DD

sounds like its your lights , you need to have some red light for flowering , instead of all blue , i have 8 lights i have 4 red and 4 blue , it seems like its working great , like droopy dog says you need about 5000 lumens per sq. ft. and thats about what i have 2x4 room = 8 sq. ft. and a 2x4 light i have 45000 lumens , shoot me your email in a private message and ill send you some pics of some killer colas grown the whole time on floros they have about 3wks left of flower rite now their bigger than an arizona ice tea can and still bulking up, im growing martian mean green and its suppose to take 10 weeks to flower ..................... good luck ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, SMOKR1 :peace:

Back
Top Bottom