Kinda confused?!

Re: Kinda confused?!@#%$*

P10108761.JPG
here is a few pics
P10108591.JPG

Lol EGS is your plant just in a field behind some houses next to a dead bush? Or is your backyard really that big?

Your watering sounds perfect. A good proper way to water. I imagine you probably have to wait anywhere from 2-5 days inbetween waterings?

If its closer to 2 or three days inbetween waterings. I would say nute them every other watering. Or nute them every watering but at half strength, maybe 3/4 strength.

If your waterings are more like once every 4 or 5 days or more just nute them every time.

Start off at half of what the directions say and keep going up a little more each time until you notice a slight burn on a few leaves then dial it back a notch and stay there. At least thats what I would do.

Also if possible transplant her into a 10 15 or 20 gallon pot. She looks a bit big for a 5 gallon.

thats funny! but yeah my back yard is about 10 acres and my plant is on the island of my currently empty pond which sits close to my only neighbors house... who could care less just as long as he gets to smoke some haha. i water just about every day and that is only because my soil gets dry all the way to the weep holes in the bottom of the bucket. i do the finger check in the soil but i also check the moisture from the bottom of the pot, and when that gets dry i feel it needs more than just evry couple of days and its pretty hot here so i believe im doing it good. i also did not use a soil like fox farms, i used my own compost which may not hold the water as long as something formulated for planting, cause it seems to dry really quick. i bought my home and it was an old horse ranch and we piled up all the shit, dirt and a bunch of clippings and it has been heated coverd and moistened for about 2 years. we grow all our veggies and fruit with it so i thought it would be perfect but it just doent seem to hold water very well, so i think thats why i water more often than most ive heard from! and thanks for the advice on the nutes i will use that as a base amount and see how the plant reacts and work off of that:headbanger:

Next time around you may want to add some virmeculite to that soil mix of yours and some peat moss. Dolomite lime, gypsum and azomite never hurt either.

The vermeculite helps hold onto some moisture while at the same time keeping your soil well draining and supplying your roots with air. The peat moss also holds onto the water among other things.

The gypsum, and lime are soil amenders that add some minerals but mainly work to make sure the PH of your soil stays where it should.

The azomite adds basically all the needed minerals a plant wants.

But yeah watering every day does not sound completely like your over doing it given the weather lately and factoring the size of the pot and the size of the plant. I would stick my finger as deep as I could in the soil and just make sure 3 inches or so down its not fairly damp still. If its not I am sure you are good to go :).

Back
Top Bottom