Kinda looks like rust

Padler

420 Member
anyone have a clue whats.causing this.
Ph of soil is 6.8
Always watered at a ph of 6.3-6.5
Using remo nuits and its an auto thats all I know about the strain. The girls spend all day in the yard and come into the basement for the night

Ps sorry for the purple light but the "rust" takes better pictures under them

Attachments

• 20200722_195132.jpg
    20200722_195132.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 36
  • 20200722_195147.jpg
    20200722_195147.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 36
  • 20200722_195205.jpg
    20200722_195205.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 40
do a run off test, do you have a ppm anf ph meter?

Pay attention: CALCIUM IS a immobile mineral that is only transported during transpiration when exposed to light;)

This means youll see IMMOBILE deficiencies on new growth, not old growth leaves, old growth deficiencys are MOBILE minerals meaning they are Translocated to newer growth when the source of mineral is deficient:)

old leaves show salt(high ppm) burn first;)

anyone have a clue whats.causing this.
Ph of soil is 6.8
Always watered at a ph of 6.3-6.5
Using remo nuits and its an auto thats all I know about the strain. The girls spend all day in the yard and come into the basement for the night

Ps sorry for the purple light but the "rust" takes better pictures under them

Signs of a cannabis calcium deficiency can be hard to pin down since calcium deficiencies are often accompanied by magnesium, iron, and other deficiencies. However, some of the major signs of a calcium deficiency are in the leaves which will display dead spots, crinkling, spotting, or small brown spots. Another sign of a cannabis calcium deficiency is new leaves will appear small and distorted with curled tips The insides of the plant and well as the flowers/buds may show signs of decay. Roots may show signs of bacteria and may be dying off or be under developed.
How to fix it: If the pH of your root zone is off, then your cannabis cannot properly absorb calcium through its roots so the first step is to ensure that you have the correct pH for your growth medium. Learn more about pH and cannabis. Different strains of cannabis tend to have different nutrient problems, but calcium, magnesium, and iron deficiencies often appear together in cannabis. Therefore many growers decide to purchase some sort of Calcium-Magnesium (often called Cal-Mag) supplement for their grow room in case this common deficiency appears.

do a run off test, do you have a ppm anf ph meter?

Pay attention: CALCIUM IS a immobile mineral that is only transported during transpiration when exposed to light;)

This means youll see IMMOBILE deficiencies on new growth, not old growth leaves, old growth deficiencys are MOBILE minerals meaning they are Translocated to newer growth when the source of mineral is deficient:)

old leaves show salt(high ppm) burn first;)
So if it's salt burn what would cause that

Calcium is actually semi-mobile, not completely immobile. Those plants are very young, and the damaged leaves are actually still growing. They may not be the most new growth but they are still growing. If it was a salt toxicity you would see deformation in new leaf growth such as twisted or curled leaves as well as various other deficiencies. I stand by my original comment of a calcium deficiency.
OP would have to be feeding very heavily for the soil to build up salts in a plant so young.

Calcium is actually semi-mobile, not completely immobile. Those plants are very young, and the damaged leaves are actually still growing. They may not be the most new growth but they are still growing. If it was a salt toxicity you would see deformation in new leaf growth such as twisted or curled leaves as well as various other deficiencies. I stand by my original comment of a calcium deficiency.
OP would have to be feeding very heavily for the soil to build up salts in a plant so young.
or not watering to run off from habit;)

new leaves will be twisting tips and probably are;)

i know my plants :bongrip:

PLEASE POST PICS OF NEW GROWTH THANK YOU KINDLY:)

new growth would be light in colour, phosphorous and iron, zinc lock up with calcium at same time;) and magnesium from what ive experienced

there we go:) too high strength food(ppm) you need to invest in ppm meter amd ph meter and do a run off test and see where they are at.

we know there too high so next water, water with straight water ph'd 6.3( what i use) To RUNOFF!! SUPER IMPORTANT. Repeat when its time to water until that goes away and they look healthy.

then water as usual ppm, TO RUNOFF!! AND WASH AWAY BUILT UP SALTS EACH TIME.

THIS allows you to maintain a perfect medium when done right!, this means let your plants use there water and let roots search/grow for water.

stored sugars are used up when getting dry, crucial along with the oxygen able to get into soil!!

Back
Top Bottom