L.A.: Three Marijuana Dispensaries Raided

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Federal narcotics agents Tuesday raided a medical marijuana dispensary in Marina del Rey, but officials were not revealing anything about their investigation.

The raid occurred about noon at Marina Caregivers, 730 Washington Blvd.

"We are looking for violations of federal law," said Sarah Pullen, a spokeswoman for the Drug Enforcement Administration.

DEA agents also served search warrants at two medical marijuana dispensaries in the 400 block of Rose Avenue and the 100 block of Lincoln Boulevard, both in Venice, Pullen said.

No arrests were made.

A man who answered the telephone at Marina Caregivers refused to identify himself. He said he was closed for the day.

"We are not doing anything wrong," he said. "I don't really know the nature of why they raided my place."

Marina Caregivers gets positive reviews on the Web site of the Los Angeles Cannabis Clubs.

"Very nice people, clean, new offices," Jane B wrote. "This club would be a 5-star if they had a better selection."

Two other reviews said:

"I was thoroughly impressed by the selection, not just the strains, but the oils, honeys (which I am kicking myself for not getting because I can't find honey anywhere else!) edibles, and clothes too."

"The quality of the cannabis is top notch, and the value card (where you earn one dollar for every 10 purchased) is fantastic. I usually get a free gram or eighth about once per month."

California voters passed Proposition 215 in 1996 to permit medicinal marijuana for certain illnesses. However, the drug's use, possession and distribution remains illegal under federal law.

Pullen said the search warrants' affidavits are sealed.

News Hawk: User: 420 Magazine
Source: Contra Costa Times
Author: Larry Altman
Copyright: 2009 Bay Area News Group
Website: https://www.contracostatimes.com/california/ci_11623054

Maybe I'm angrier than you, User. When I heard that SIX dispensaries were raided, I started thinking about hammering long, rusty nails through a baseball bat.

To each his own. Diversity will make our lynch mob stronger.

America's very existence is because of revolution. We must ask ourselves collectively how long we will endure the rack and ruin of a government gone awry before we excercise our basic rights to life, liberty and the pusuit of happiness just as the original patriots once did.

"... God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion.
The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is
wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts
they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is
lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. ... And what
country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned from
time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let
them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to the facts, pardon
and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The
tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of
patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."
~ Richard Henry Lee

"... God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion.
The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is
wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts
they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is
lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. ... And what
country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned from
time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let
them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to the facts, pardon
and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The
tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of
patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."
~ Richard Henry Lee
Richard Henry Lee:
In 1774 he was elected to attend the first Continental Congress. He enjoyed many important committee appointments. Noted for his oratory skills, it was he who offered the Resolutions for Independence to the committee of the whole in 1776. He served in Congress through the course of the War, while also serving in the House of Burgesses. In 1783 he was selected as president of Congress.

Lee opposed the federal constitution, as he favored strong state rights. He was however elected the first State Senator from Virginia under the new federal government. He retired from that office to his home in Chantilly due to illness, and soon after died at the age of 62.

...Lee opposed the federal constitution, as he favored strong state rights...

Yes, although he signed the Declaration of Independence and knew how important it was for the people to reseve the power to shrug off an unjust regime should they deem it necessary.

He was also a strong supporter of the second "topic" on the Bill of Rights, as a strong body of people is difficult (if not impossible) to subjugate.

It is when the people feel they are ill represented that revolution must take place. No taxation without representation, and as of late we have been represented poorly. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom