Last 3 weeks of flowering

Leugim

Suggestions
I could use some advice. I don’t know what strain my girl is. I told myself I would allow it 7-8 weeks flowering. I’m entering week 5 now. Can anyone throw suggestions as to what to look for so I know it’s time to make that cut and enter the drying process. Should I get rid of all those little Nuggets growing at the bottom to allow her to focus more on the top?
She’s my first and really want to get this right.
Thanks

P
Suggestions
I could use some advice. I don’t know what strain my girl is. I told myself I would allow it 7-8 weeks flowering. I’m entering week 5 now. Can anyone throw suggestions as to what to look for so I know it’s time to make that cut and enter the drying process. Should I get rid of all those little Nuggets growing at the bottom to allow her to focus more on the top?
She’s my first and really want to get this right.
Thanks
Pics would help so we can see exactly where she’s at . Also its kind of up to the plant when shes in the harvest window . Once shes there then you can decide when to harvest. Best way to tell is by looking at the trichome’s through a jewelers loupe or some kind of microscope .

Sorry
I thought I posted a picture.

02ACDC54-8868-4655-887E-685884378632.jpeg

4FB662C2-EDE1-4E3F-92E8-80172F5E745F.jpeg

2F79DCCE-05B5-4708-AEB1-5AFBC805B48B.jpeg

C4E90DBB-151D-40BA-B28C-601076DF0CEF.jpeg

When the majority of the fresh fluffy pistils turn dark and crinkle up then you are getting near but still have a few weeks to go. Very nice sativa!!

But agree with 6thsense - you can’t beat a jewelers loupe or mini microscop, the pistils will get you close but the trich colors are what you need to see. Loupe is about $12 US or usb digital microscope is about $30ish... if you are in real cash crunch then try free phone app called magnifyer, uses your phones on board camera & software hack to get digital scope images. Trick is you gotta snip a small calyx & set on table and prop phone for stability. Any slight movement & you get real fuzzy pics

Personally on a tall plant like that I would do staggered harvest. When she’s ready take the top colas only, leave the mids and lowers to fatten up for another 2 weeks or so. Then next pass take the middle layer of buds, let the lowers continue to fatten up for another week or two.

also know the 8 weeks is an estimate and many run longer especially since that’s a sativa leaning plant

my 2 cents but see what other replies come in.

Ooh
Didn’t know that was an option. That makes Lots of sense.
So all together looks like I might extend the flowering by another 2 weeks. Around the time that was originally recommended. I was shooting lower just to be safe.
This is great.

Have to get a better magnifying glass. Been using my phone for that.

I take the breeders estimate and tuck that info away for safe keeping but I look to the plant to tell me when she is nearing the end. You’ve got plenty of growing left in that girl - those fluffy pistils tells me she is still growing strong and not slowing down, in fact she may keep growing for another month to 6 weeks before she slows down.... who knows but she will give more indication by pistils turning dark & shrinking inward

to me breeders estimates are a tricky beast. Think about this - say you are looking for a fruity pheno and Breeder X says fruity pebbles is done in 10 weeks but Breeder Y says their pebbles of fruit is done in 8 weeks, which one are you gonna buy? Probably the one that finishes fast... am I right?

Another thing the estimate points to the early side of the harvest window, if you harvest early which usually is clear trichs then you get 10 minute speedy buzz followed by headache. Just watch the plant cause fresh pistils like in your pics says growth is still happening, she may not be getting taller at all but she is packing on weight, girth, mass every single day.... nothing wrong with that!!

watch the pistils to tell you she’s nearing the end and then put your loupe or scope in action to tell you the rest

Wow,
Good thing I’m so involved in this process. I’m constantly looking for any signs, anything I might have missed.
I’m going to invest in a magnifying tool ASAP.
Breathing much better knowing she has more time than what I thought.

I have a good write up in my signature on harvesting, drying, and curing if you'd like to read a bit.

Very interesting.
Those are some pretty amazing looking buds. I’m gonna have to learn more about this . There’s so much to absorb from all you guys advice.
Love it.

Very interesting.
Those are some pretty amazing looking buds. I’m gonna have to learn more about this . There’s so much to absorb from all you guys advice.
Love it.
Beautiful looking ladies you have going. Patience will reward you. Get a pic of tricombs and post them, people here will help you tell when the best time for you harvest those beauties. The process may sound overwhelming but lots of great people here to help. Your in the right place.

When the majority of the fresh fluffy pistils turn dark and crinkle up then you are getting near but still have a few weeks to go. Very nice sativa!!

But agree with 6thsense - you can’t beat a jewelers loupe or mini microscop, the pistils will get you close but the trich colors are what you need to see. Loupe is about $12 US or usb digital microscope is about $30ish... if you are in real cash crunch then try free phone app called magnifyer, uses your phones on board camera & software hack to get digital scope images. Trick is you gotta snip a small calyx & set on table and prop phone for stability. Any slight movement & you get real fuzzy pics

Personally on a tall plant like that I would do staggered harvest. When she’s ready take the top colas only, leave the mids and lowers to fatten up for another 2 weeks or so. Then next pass take the middle layer of buds, let the lowers continue to fatten up for another week or two.

also know the 8 weeks is an estimate and many run longer especially since that’s a sativa leaning plant

my 2 cents but see what other replies come in.
I got the scope. Thanks
Here’sa pic of the tricomes. I’ll check every week to see any changes in color.

04671B3D-A781-4482-9004-4E34FF5DB3BE.png

I saw this a few days ago. I think the more I read it, the more comfortable I’m feeling about it. I need to understand more a few of the specs the process. I might experiment with these lower buds that seem to be a bit further in the process. I feellike they could be sacrificed instead of the tops.
Still learning here as I go.

I saw this a few days ago. I think the more I read it, the more comfortable I’m feeling about it. I need to understand more a few of the specs the process. I might experiment with these lower buds that seem to be a bit further in the process. I feellike they could be sacrificed instead of the tops.
Still learning here as I go.
I promise you wont mess them up. I'd also recommend holding them over in the darkness for at least 36 hours. Check out the experiment I did on it too. It really increases your trics.

Back
Top Bottom