More of a question, if anyone can help

YahBoiNothing

Week 5 of flower (this is my first grow I don’t really know what the fook I’m doing) my question is why tf are the buds so small? It says it’s a fast flowering under 8 week yet I’m pretty sure she’s got like a lot longer than that left. Photo below

Attachments

• B1B81FDD-7754-4491-9992-77BE0C03BD8E.jpeg
    B1B81FDD-7754-4491-9992-77BE0C03BD8E.jpeg
    695.4 KB · Views: 101
What are you using for a light and how close is it?
I already know I’m going to get shit for this but I’m using cfl (I know that they’re not the best) but at the time I didn’t even do any research I just thought it would be good, for my next grow I plan on getting a LED. I would get one right now but I’m not really in the position to spend 250 on a light lol. It’s a dual spec 300watt.

No shit... cfl got you this far, obviously an led would drive better yields.... check out our sponsors for lighting needs
Haha, I’ve seen decent grows with cfl, but I’m more looking for big ass plants, I’ve heard that alibaba have led’s and apparently they’re good? Thoughts on that? Personally I don’t trust that kinda website lol.

I already know I’m going to get shit for this but I’m using cfl (I know that they’re not the best) but at the time I didn’t even do any research I just thought it would be good, for my next grow I plan on getting a LED. I would get one right now but I’m not really in the position to spend 250 on a light lol. It’s a dual spec 300watt.

Haven't used one but maybe someone here has, how close are you to the tops with it? EDIT: now you answered lol imagine can't get much closer with those as there is some heat to them. But yes lights play a big roll into your flower size/quality, but genetics and growing skill and a bunch of other things can affect it. So just learn and try to do better on your next grow than the previous one, and don't compare your grow to someone else's (especially when running totally different set up) as it will only frustrate you and not a good way to learn.

yeah I had my hopes set far too high before I started lol, I was thinking I could grow some big ass plants, maybe I should walk before I can run. I’ll attach a photo of them now they’re fattening up every day tbh. Smells really fruity.

Attachments

• ADD0DCD0-76CC-478B-9F06-B232B6704060.jpeg
    ADD0DCD0-76CC-478B-9F06-B232B6704060.jpeg
    879.9 KB · Views: 68
  • 9E191C6C-0177-4EC8-9ECD-8FB8275BD37E.jpeg
    9E191C6C-0177-4EC8-9ECD-8FB8275BD37E.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 59
  • 1091B485-434B-4E4C-B89C-1157494E53FD.jpeg
    1091B485-434B-4E4C-B89C-1157494E53FD.jpeg
    738.8 KB · Views: 63
  • C473EA48-4103-425D-8990-2064BF31B119.jpeg
    C473EA48-4103-425D-8990-2064BF31B119.jpeg
    867.5 KB · Views: 59
Old saying buy once - cry once. Dude I started with T5’s then went to 315 cmh, then hps 600, finally got a pair of Mars SP-250’s. Save yourself time and money, skip the bull go for the gold, white light led.

I’d rather have a company that has established trust with grower community - mars hydro and budget led and a few others all sponsor our very existence here at 420.

@smokesara is the mars rep and she jumps right in

Old saying buy once - cry once. Dude I started with T5’s then went to 315 cmh, then hps 600, finally got a pair of Mars SP-250’s

I’d rather have a company that has established trust with grower community - mars hydro and budget led and a few others all sponsor our very existence here at 420.

@smokesara is the mars rep and she jumps right in
I’ve always been looking at mars hydros as one of the older guys I talk to irl has a pair of them too, idk the number but pretty sure it’s something 1000 idk if that’s watts or just the model name. And yeah I think I’d rather go mars hydro or an actual company as if anything goes wrong most of them have a warranty. (Already went through a a bad time with a omega lighting supplier on eBay they legit wouldn’t even give me a replacement as I only used it for a month lol. I’m glad they never because that was only a 125 bulb, nice omen.

yeah I had my hopes set far too high before I started lol, I was thinking I could grow some big ass plants, maybe I should walk before I can run. I’ll attach a photo of them now they’re fattening up every day tbh. Smells really fruity.

Yes that will kill you every time.....but seriously those plants look great for what you are using for light, so use it as a learning experience and you should still get some good smoke out of it even if it doesn't look like tight dispensary buds (that's where genetics plays bigger role than lights but quality lights affect that too).

Yes that will kill you every time.....but seriously those plants look great for what you are using for light, so use it as a learning experience and you should still get some good smoke out of it even if it doesn't look like tight dispensary buds (that's where genetics plays bigger role than lights but quality lights affect that too).
Means a lot saying my plants look good, thank u. Yeah the genetics are from alibongo, I didn’t get from like a big seed company but it’s AK47 cross with a secret hybrid (as they say), they also say it’s Sativa dominant yet I’ve got pretty heavy Indica leaves so who knows I might be growing some bomb ass or whack ass strain lol. All I can say is that the smell is unreal.

Yeah mars they got ts1000 line or something mostly its model number for some of the cheaper brands they claim it replaces a 1000 watt hps but thats not necessarily true, but the real number to look for is watts from wall. dont quote me but I think mars has models as low as 80 bucks all the way up to the monster lights like sp3000 - plus as member you get discount too

Means a lot saying my plants look good, thank u. Yeah the genetics are from alibongo, I didn’t get from like a big seed company but it’s AK47 cross with a secret hybrid (as they say), they also say it’s Sativa dominant yet I’ve got pretty heavy Indica leaves so who knows I might be growing some bomb ass or whack ass strain lol. All I can say is that the smell is unreal.
Smell rarely lies, and so many Hybrids along with most of the time it could be a Sativa Hybrid (or Indica) and it will throw out a less typical Phenotype that acts more like one of the other Relatives just like it does with People as genetics funny like that ;) . EDIT: folks have more problems with it looks killer but no smell and not much bang, smell can lie but it is rare is what I was trying to say.

Back
Top Bottom