Leaf turning white

BiggC

420 Member
Hey my lil buddy is 4 weeks old, but yesterday i saw that his leaves started turning white. Few days ago they were yellow which I figured out was coz of less watering and higher ph, eventually i added lemon and started watering them daily. They looked pretty bless after then but then suddenly yesterday they started turning white. Wonder if you peeps can help me. Thanks
Maybe it could be because of the light, I haven’t been using the timer and the light is very close to the plants..(thought it would help control the height of the plant). The light i use is 1000w led set to veg.!
your help would greatly be appreciated.
Thanks again

Attachments

• B7994A3C-4BDC-447E-9A3A-C5C2D59B58B7.jpeg
    B7994A3C-4BDC-447E-9A3A-C5C2D59B58B7.jpeg
    678.8 KB · Views: 73
  • 43842801-98C6-41CE-B225-E1FDF14D6B5E.jpeg
    43842801-98C6-41CE-B225-E1FDF14D6B5E.jpeg
    711.7 KB · Views: 77
  • 8F2EDC36-1A78-48F1-8A0B-B6E8CC4F9120.jpeg
    8F2EDC36-1A78-48F1-8A0B-B6E8CC4F9120.jpeg
    598.7 KB · Views: 77
  • ACE0177B-F7B3-46AD-BAAE-143CC09E2EED.jpeg
    ACE0177B-F7B3-46AD-BAAE-143CC09E2EED.jpeg
    568.9 KB · Views: 65
Hi and welcome! Just a few quick questions? How long have you been growing? What nutes are you feeding it? Honestly they look healthy. That looks like the old bottom growth. It happens as they get older.

Look at the new growth and the tips of the plant leaves. The new growth looks healthy with no discoloring. The tips are slightly burnt. Which is not bad keep the feeding regiment at what it is. As you keep growing you'll notice the plants old growth does that.

You might just want to watch for nitrogen deficiency. If you are not feeding it nutes they look about ready to be transplanted into new soil with fresh nutrients. If you transplant soon add a few nutes thinks like mykos you can prevent any future deficiencies. Anyways take care.

Hi and welcome! Just a few quick questions? How long have you been growing? What nutes are you feeding it? Honestly they look healthy. That looks like the old bottom growth. It happens as they get older.

Look at the new growth and the tips of the plant leaves. The new growth looks healthy with no discoloring. The tips are slightly burnt. Which is not bad keep the feeding regiment at what it is. As you keep growing you'll notice the plants old growth does that.

You might just want to watch for nitrogen deficiency. If you are not feeding it nutes they look about ready to be transplanted into new soil with fresh nutrients. If you transplant soon add a few nutes thinks like mykos you can prevent any future deficiencies. Anyways take care.
Hey thanks for your reply. This is my first growth and I didn’t feed any additional hydroponics or nutrients as of now. All i fed them was some water, recently i started adding lemon to it because they were curling down and kind of dying. I thought it was coz of less watering and higher ph, hence i added lemon and started feeding them only water with lemon everyday. That’s all i did. Also do you think my led has any role in this? Coz i put them very-very close to the plants thinking it might help me keep them shorter in height!

If your light had caused an issue it would have been the top and not bottoms. When my leaves have curled down it was due to excessive nitrogen I believe. Maybe the soil was dry and they were droopy. Read about Clawed leaves it's good to know that info also.

I've had a single Cfl right up on seedlings, and a small budding plant in the past haha and didn't once show signs of burn.
If you mix your soil now and add some amendments to stay ahead of the nutrient deficiencies it will save you a headache.

Have you thought about transplanting and either topping or fimming soon? I bet you that root systems looks nice right about now and ready for a bigger pot.

Back
Top Bottom