Leaves are starting to dry and crisp! Why?

vickg35

20150911_001009.jpg
20150911_001018.jpg
20150906_104522.jpg
I started noticing my leaves were getting dry and crispy. Some would crack when I touched them. I'm good about watering them. They are on the 2nd week since they sprouted. I just recently fed them for the first time yesterday with Nectar for the Gods . I'm hoping that will help. I thought it was a humidity issue occasionally it would get dry on the tent.

20150911_001009.jpg
20150911_001018.jpg
20150906_104522.jpg
I started noticing my leaves were getting dry and crispy. Some would crack when I touched them. I'm good about watering them. They are on the 2nd week since they sprouted. I just recently fed them for the first time yesterday with Nectar for the Gods . I'm hoping that will help. I thought it was a humidity issue occasionally it would get dry on the tent.

Could be any number of things.....maybe they weren't ready for nutes yet? Was it a full strength feeding? A little more info would be helpful, too. Do you PH your water? What kind of water? Out of the faucet? RO water? Ect, ect? I personally wouldn't give anything over a quarter to a third strength of recommended dosage/feeding. But honestly...just keep an eye on them. Sometimes less is more. Watch for any further damage to leaves..does it start at the bottom of the plant and work its way up towards newer growth, or vice-versa starting in newer growth and spreading down and out into older more mature growth/leaves? Try not to over water, and try not to let them go too dry. Basically keep it simple and the plants will grow themselves. We are only lucky enough to go along for the ride and help/guide our baby's into mature adults with big beautiful flowers. On some of my older plants the bottom leaves tend to dry up like that sometimes, or yellow up first, then dry-up and wither away when they dont get enough light due to being at the bottom of the plant under a thick canopy. But your's are still fairly young so just watch closely. Worse case scenario you may need to flush out with plenty of water and then start with your nutes at a lower level this time around! Either way...good luck and good growing!

Apologize for lack of info. Yes I PH faucet water 6.5, I don't let it sit like I should. I fed half strength nutes. Its from bottom working its way up . Guess I'll keep a closer eye on them.

Back
Top Bottom