Drying humdity 45%

Well right now it is 21.C , the humidity is 44-45%. It’s the fourth day of dry now and temperatures outside are rising. How can I get it back upto 50% RH
Seen someone post that they get a rag and get it wet and hang it inside of their tent to bring RH up. Worth a shot.. maybe a small oil diffuser would work also if you have one laying around. I’d clean it real good before using it to remove any potential oils left over on the plastic.

you can adjust your hang time depending on local conditions. i routinely hang under 60% rh. a wk min at 60% is ideal. if you can go 10 to 14 without mold even better.

i've had hang times as short as 4 days. the important thing is getting them in the jars before they are too dry. you can work a pile out in the burping and cure. that's where most of the good stuff happens. if they go in too dry, you always
wind up losing.

edit : should add, i avoid humidifiers during hang as they do not distribute moisture evenly and can result in mold and uneven drying.

"avoid humidifiers during hang as they do not distribute moisture evenly and can result in mold and uneven drying."

I share the above concern.

I'm in a dry desert environment and struggle with RH issues too (20% in room where my drying tent lives) and high temperatures. Hanging a damp towel does work well, but you need to keep checking it throughout the day and re-moisten it. I also hang damp sponges over a glass container (to catch drip) -- which retains moisture longer (for overnight), but raises the RH less than the towel. The towel seems to works best because of the large surface area.

Humidifier works for me but sometimes creeps into 70% territory in my small drying tent, which is when I revert to towel/sponges (abandoning the humidifier for the remainder of the drying phase).

By the way, I've searched exhaustively for science-based evidence for the claim that "curing stops below 50%", but I've yet to find any.

Having said that, if you do a Google for "How the worlds top growers are drying & curing cannabis" there is an interesting article/survey of professional cultivators which concludes the following...

Whilst the majority of commercial growers cure at humidities between 55% & 62%, Ed’s ("guru of ganja" Ed Rosenthal) recommendations of 50% – 55% are far safer in terms of preventing moisture related problems.

Summary... To cure, maintain temperatures of 18°C – 21°C (64°F – 70°F,) humidity of 50% – 55%.

Well right now it is 21.C , the humidity is 44-45%. It’s the fourth day of dry now and temperatures outside are rising. How can I get it back upto 50% RH

Those conditions seem reasonable fine :green_heart:

I may not ruffle a feather to much by a few % in RH or a rise of 1c in temperature.... ye not every day is perfect ?

I don't see any harm to your medicine.

45% your flower will be ready for trim in 5-7 days. Dont wait for a stem snap thats WAY too dry. Can trim and leave it jars with lids off for a few days if they are too moist. You cant fix over dried bud.

My drying room is always 45% in the winter. The drying phase takes less time is all. It's the curing that is important but if you over dry you cant fix that.

Back
Top Bottom