Leaves curled down and feeling dry almost crisp

mkono87

My Gf is giving autos a try and growing in happy frog. I was guessing maybe over watering or ph but thats why im on here because I have no clue. Temps are fine, RH is only in the 40s, been difficult for her to get it up. Its odd that the top growth looks fine but the tri leaves are really hurting. But seems like 3 out of 5 are seeing the issue.

A few days ago when I first started noticing it, I move the small fan she has so its blowing more around the leaves and not directly on top. I also kept the bottom of the tent open to lessen the negative pressure to keep the humidity up.

How much and how often are you watering? And what's ph
She says every 4 or days or so which im not sure i believe. She hasnt checked the ph with the vivosun meter I bought her. I juat calibrated it and tested her tap water which was 7.1

i grow in canna pro coco which recommends 5.2-6.2 so if shes not getting the ph right and just using tap water with added nutes somthing is gonna be off, some of them are clawing and the other is a tacco effect,what light are u using and how close is it, also that humidity needs to be higher get a cheap humidifier and see what that does as the plant gets bigger it will rise on its own

Ya that's a little high I keep mine 6.3 to 6.6 but I dont know enough to say that's what is causing the problem and I would really hate to steer you wrong let me see if I can get someone here that know way more then I would ever know about these plants. @Emilya you think you could help him out
They will live, im trying to help her out as best I can but the only experience I have is me soon to be harvesting my own.

Ya that's a little high I keep mine 6.3 to 6.6 but I dont know enough to say that's what is causing the problem and I would really hate to steer you wrong let me see if I can get someone here that know way more then I would ever know about these plants. @Emilya you think you could help him out
This early in life, pH isn't the problem... N is available over too wide of a swath to be locked out, although she should learn to use that meter soon.
I suspect the most common problem... she is watering incorrectly. Her answer of every 3-4 days means she has no idea of what a wet/dry cycle is, and her plants have a look of not being able to clear the water at the bottom of the container.
Have her read my How to Properly Water thread... and see if that doesn't help a lot.

Just went back and checked it out. She said she hasnt watered in a couple days but the new growth is starting to curl a bit. Those curled leaves are glossy almost like there is a clear film on them.

Also, in soil its fine to water to runoff? I have been but only because im in peat.

In those large containers with the small plants, if she is watering to runoff every time she waters every couple of days, she is overwatering. It is proper to water to runoff, but water to runoff once, and then only top water until the plants have managed to use all the water sitting in the bottom of the container from that full watering. In order not to overwater, you should check to see that the water has been used all the way down to the last inch of the container or until by using the lift method, no water weight can be discerned as compared to a similar pot filled with dry soil.
Please read my links on proper watering for more information.
The Proper Way to Water a Potted Plant (in soil) - STICKY (100k+ views and Counting)
The Proper Way to Water a Seedling Or An Auto In A Large Container

Back
Top Bottom