Leaves darkening and dying off really fast. No idea what it is.

BioEng

Pretty people, growing problem here: Only my second grow, and one of my plants (a white widow) is getting weird. Lower leaves are turning dark, wilting and pretty much just dying. I have no idea what this is. Temps have been at 20 steady, humidity at 60, still in veg at 24/0 and still low nutes (only bio grow, 0.7 ml/L).

Here are the pics

IMG_20150629_102146.jpg
IMG_20150629_102217.jpg
IMG_20150629_102155.jpg
IMG_20150629_102230.jpg

My other two plants, CBD MediHaze, look fine.

Thanks again c:

Since you're using a low nutrient solution, I would say they might be hungry for a higher ppm. And to me, 18/6 would be better for veg, I've tried the 24/0, but 18/6 worked better and saved some energy. :peace:

Since you're using a low nutrient solution, I would say they might be hungry for a higher ppm. And to me, 18/6 would be better for veg, I've tried the 24/0, but 18/6 worked better and saved some energy. :peace:

I'm on 24/0 because it's winter where I live, and its just simpler to keep the light on for the temps.

I used the same water and nutrients on my first grow and I had no problems of this sort.

I'm on 24/0 because it's winter where I live, and its just simpler to keep the light on for the temps.

I used the same water and nutrients on my first grow and I had no problems of this sort.

Was your first grow a WW also? Different strains have different needs. I had an issue with my Blueberry Kush when none of the other three (a WW, a Blue Blood and a Super Silver Haze) have any issues. The Blueberry just had slightly different nutritional needs. :peace:

Was your first grow a WW also? Different strains have different needs. I had an issue with my Blueberry Kush when none of the other three (a WW, a Blue Blood and a Super Silver Haze) have any issues. The Blueberry just had slightly different nutritional needs. :peace:

Yeah not really, they were some auto skunk ones. Right now i'm growing two CBD Medihaze, and one WW. The Medihaze looks fine, this one is the issue. But I kind of doubt its ppm, because my tap water here is quite hard, which is why I always balance pH as well. And the thing is, I thought leaves would yellow when it was a nutrient deficiency, so I'm not sure where to start here.

Yeah not really, they were some auto skunk ones. Right now i'm growing two CBD Medihaze, and one WW. The Medihaze looks fine, this one is the issue. But I kind of doubt its ppm, because my tap water here is quite hard, which is why I always balance pH as well. And the thing is, I thought leaves would yellow when it was a nutrient deficiency, so I'm not sure where to start here.

Here is a starting point.

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies3117.jpg

:peace:

A picture of the whole plant could be informative as well.

How often are you watering?
Is it organic or hydro?

Here you go, more pics.

IMG_20150629_175356.jpg

IMG_20150629_175347.jpg

IMG_20150629_175340.jpg

Right now is around once every 5 days I believe. It's on soil. Using light mix in 15L fabric pots.

I checked the common images, and for the veg stage none really match, at least to me.
How often are you watering?
A picture of the whole plant could be informative as well.

Is it organic or hydro?

Hm. I think I'd have to agree with supergroomer that it's probably showing multiple nutrient deficiencies because it's not getting enough. Not enough people have this problem and it has one of the easiest and quickest fixes. Just raise the dilution of your nutrient solution (a little bit at a time).

After writing that I just noticed that she is in soil. Do you know the constitution of the soil (NPK and ingredients)? And how long has it been since you transplanted into that pot?

Hm. I think I'd have to agree with supergroomer that it's probably showing multiple nutrient deficiencies because it's not getting enough. Not enough people have this problem and it has one of the easiest and quickest fixes. Just raise the dilution of your nutrient solution (a little bit at a time).

After writing that I just noticed that she is in soil. Do you know the constitution of the soil (NPK and ingredients)? And how long has it been since you transplanted into that pot?

I do not, but it's the fairly popular bio bizz light mix. Using bio grow at around 0.7 mL/L. And it's been in there for around one and a half months now. I have just now switched it to 12/12, and for the next watering will start with a small dose of flowering nutes for that plant, to see if it helps.

I think amended soil usually lasts about 6-8 weeks (with an average size pot and an average size plant). So it may be pretty much done with the nutes in the soil and you might need to start feeding a little bit heavier. I would start out with a 10-20% increase in dilution (from what you are giving them now) and see how they respond.

So, in order to try to fix the issue I raise the bio grow, and added a little of biobloom a day ago. Now, I think I can declare one of my plants pretty much dead.

IMG_20150701_110924.jpg

IMG_20150701_110908.jpg

Can somebody tell me sort of an official reason why this happened? My other two plants are still fine, only a few lower leaves looking droopy and dead.

So, in order to try to fix the issue I raise the bio grow, and added a little of biobloom a day ago. Now, I think I can declare one of my plants pretty much dead.

IMG_20150701_110924.jpg

IMG_20150701_110908.jpg

Can somebody tell me sort of an official reason why this happened? My other two plants are still fine, only a few lower leaves looking droopy and dead.

The only time I had a plant look like that was after a freeze. I don't have any good answer for you. I will tell you that my frozen plant did come back, but it took a while. :peace:

The only time I had a plant look like that was after a freeze. I don't have any good answer for you. I will tell you that my frozen plant did come back, but it took a while. :peace:

Right now its winter here, but the plants are connected to an automatic system that starts a small air heater to keep temperature at 21°C. So I find it hard to believe it could be due to temperatures. And this final main-cola-dying happened while the light was on, so even harder. I don't know what to think.

Right now its winter here, but the plants are connected to an automatic system that starts a small air heater to keep temperature at 21°C. So I find it hard to believe it could be due to temperatures. And this final main-cola-dying happened while the light was on, so even harder. I don't know what to think.

This is all speculation, I'm absolutely not positive what's going on with your plant, but this might help:
The only thing I can think of is that it is a root issue. It seems like your watering schedule is fine so it MIGHT be a systemic disease in your plant.
IF this is the case: I would consider that to be worst case scenario and probably start over, but there may be some solutions. You could try adding beneficial microbes. There may be some products out there to help dying roots in organic situations, but I'm not sure what they are.

From the temp point of view, this is my only input: Even though I maintain the temp at 21°C, this temp is measured in the air. In my opinion, the soil, therefore the roots, are probably colder than that.
This is all speculation, I'm absolutely not positive what's going on with your plant, but this might help:
The only thing I can think of is that it is a root issue. It seems like your watering schedule is fine so it MIGHT be a systemic disease in your plant.
IF this is the case: I would consider that to be worst case scenario and probably start over, but there may be some solutions. You could try adding beneficial microbes. There may be some products out there to help dying roots in organic situations, but I'm not sure what they are.

If it IS a systemic disease like fusarium, pythium (I've heard you can get get rid of pythium these days), could even be a form of systemic powdery mildew, ect; then temps wouldn't really matter, these types of diseases thrive even when the environment is well suited for plant growth. Again, I'm not saying that's what it is, but it very well could be your issue. You should always try all other options before you come to the root disease conclusion, because it will either be a huge fix with alot of recovery time, or you will want to start over with a new seed after sterilizing every inch of your grow space.

Back
Top Bottom