Leaves droopy immediatly after watering

Mine droop after a good drink. Thr re bushy but. Come good like the boys are saying. No drainage problem in my grow room thats g or sure. I say its genetics that determins how much but its normal for this t o happen

THE GREEN RACER.

^ My leaves ONLY droop when i over-water....NEVER when i give them just the right amount. Plants in the wild dont get water pour straight on the soil most of the time. It has to go down its leaves and such. When a plant needs water The leave will point upwards...when a plant has had too much water they point their leaves down...Look at a tree before , during , after it rains and youll know what i means.

I totally disagree! When leaves droop on trees that means it's going to rain. This old wives tale has been around as long as I can remember and has always been accurate.

I got my clones at the exact same time from two different plants. One droops after watering, but the other one doesn't. They both get watered at the exact same time with the exact same amount. Explain that?!?!?

come on people!! I can't believe no one has said this... its NORMAL for that to happen, for every plant I've owned they have always dropped a little after the waters. I don't think you can really give them too much water, you can too often, but I wouldn't think at once? (w/i reason)

No worries bro, completely normal

Yes it is normal for leaves to droop for an hour or two after watering.

^ My leaves ONLY droop when i over-water....NEVER when i give them just the right amount. Plants in the wild dont get water pour straight on the soil most of the time. It has to go down its leaves and such. When a plant needs water The leave will point upwards...when a plant has had too much water they point their leaves down...Look at a tree before , during , after it rains and youll know what i means.

What is just the right amount? So if i grow in a 5gal bucket and my soil is dry how would I calculate JUST THE RIGHT AMOUNT.

What is just the right amount? So if i grow in a 5gal bucket and my soil is dry how would I calculate JUST THE RIGHT AMOUNT.
Water until you see runoff coming out of the bottom. 5 gallon pots usually take 1.5 gallons each.

Plant leaves will wilt/droop when they dont have water same as gentlemen said right after watering yes they do droop but should lift up after little while....

Hello,

I found an interesting article about a scientific study that studied how a plant responds to water.

I am far from being an expert, as I am trying out my first grow, and I am worried everytime my plants do something I don't understand.

This article will definitely change how I think about watering my plants.

Basically, plants "panic" when they come into contact with water, and will give off a hormone to warn other plants about sensing water.

As a new grower, I thought 'plants must like to be watered, because they need to eat and drink', but the fact is: watering your plants can send them into defense mode. Knowing this, I plan to do my best to water my plants only when necessary, because I now know that watering (especially overwatering) stresses them out.

That said, some people have said their plants "perk up" or seem "happy" after they are watered, but the science of plant biology says otherwise.

Hope this helps....

I was a little stressed myself. My plants dropped a little after their watering this morning. I just started using smart pots with a love soil and it’s a little different from what I’m use to. Water did not drain out of the bottom so I know I didn’t over water and two of my other plants that are a different strain didnt droop at all. I’ve closed my tent gonna check back n a few hours and see how they look

Sometimes when they germinate and you place them in VEG, they could still be in shock and if the top leaves are growing, stop watering for a few days and just let nature take its course. It`s ok, to use a light spray around the soil with a small amt of Cal/Mag or Epson Salt added just to insure everything is ok. Are you using RO or Distilled Water? Tap Water, i`m sorry to say, doesn`t cut it....
Super old thread but tap water is great. Beem running tap water for 2 years now

Wrong
,it's normal it's good to flush or the salts build up at the bottom just do it until it runs out the bottom a bit, test the ph from drain off unrelated but important just take your time watering do a few Dixie cups at a time take a butt break then do it again, but def don't water until it's dry

If the plants droop quickly after being watered, but soon after it gos back to happy then your soil must be bad and has low drainage.

There is not really anything else logically i can think of that would cause this. Basically you are drowning the roots for a couple hours, eventually it gets better and thats why it perks up again.
Actually jimmycricket I just thought of something plants need the correct ph in the soil, and water to uptake the correct nutrients at maximum efficiency. So if your soil is organic let's say. It should buffer out to be 6.5 roughly. I water with ph of 8 but have a lower ph soil... based off packaging. Right away my plant droops after being watered. Hence incorrect ph... but within the day it buffers out In my organic super soil and my leafs pray to the sun again. Oh one more thing remember the tree analogy mentioned earlier just think of th ph scale 1-14 rain water is a 7 naturally distilled by the sun and evaporation and comes down nuetral

I totally disagree! When leaves droop on trees that means it's going to rain. This old wives tale has been around as long as I can remember and has always been accurate.

I got my clones at the exact same time from two different plants. One droops after watering, but the other one doesn't. They both get watered at the exact same time with the exact same amount. Explain that?!?!?
Old wives tale about the trees and the leafs....when the leafs on the trees turn white it's going to rain. Poplar and oak and maple all do this

Mine droop every night 1.5 hours before bedtime....
And again after I water them. They come right back though in an hour or two after
Weird you say that because mine also do the same. I'm starting to think they go to sleep and or are tired...sounds really stupid but I'm starting to wonder if they actually get tired and sleep

I find that usually this is a symptom of watering too often, with an eventual shutdown of the lower roots. PLants suffering in this way can only look lively during the short time that the water is flowing past the upper set of spreader roots, but as soon as the water table drops below the top 3-4 inches of the surface, the active roots can't find water again... hence the droop.

The lift the pot method is the best fix for this situation, making sure not to water until the soil is dry all the way to the bottom of the container.

Back
Top Bottom