Leaves drying

mikethenight

Can anyone tell me what im doin wrong just got a xxl budbox starter kit with extra fans had 4 cheesus plants that i started out doors but weather has got cold so i put them in my tent they r about 3 weeks old. i started them on a biobizz feed regime and now some of the leaves r curling and goin dry p;ease help:420:

100_08905.JPG
100_08886.JPG
100_08895.JPG
100_08872.JPG
100_08866.JPG
100_08854.JPG
100_08847.JPG
100_08831.JPG

They look like burns too me mate. Looked through your album, the problem started as soon as you took them inside out of the autumn low sun and put them under HPS. The leaves started to curl up on the edges, first sign of heat stress. Then the ends burned like nute burn, but it was heat burn.

They are not used to the HPS, what watt is it. Move the light higher keep it well watered and get a fan in there if you haven't already, maybe even take it out give the leaves a spray but wait till the water dries before putting back under the light as the water will magnify the light, already happened to a few I can see.
Just in case, Do you know the pH of your soil or feed?

^^ beat me to the punch, awesome! =)

if it were burn from the lights, it would only affect the top of the plant, not the middle and bottom.. the issue is the feed and/or ph. The sun puts out WAY more lumens than an HPS does.

I understand that about the sun, but if its a cold climate like it is and the sun is really low at the min, heat can still do that. I always look for burns from the top because they obviously start there. Could be pH, I agree thats what I asked at the end, but the drying is in the middle where heat gets trapped , hence drying leaves, and them yellow marks defo burns. Also I looked at more pictures and it only started when he put them under hps, thats why I mentioned pH last. But yeah man check that pH also.

Go to Wally World and or a hardware store and buy a cheap ultrasonic humidifier (better than "cool mist" humidifier) and a cheap digital thermometer/hygrometer combo. Should cost something like $35 - $55 total, and probably even cheaper online. The first item is a lot easier than hanging damp towels all over your grow space, and more effective in my limited experience. The second item is just downright necessary, just as much as a pH tester. You always need to know temps and relative humidity (RH) to make sure you're not accidentally stressing your plants.

If you can do that and then post your
- RH
- temps
- pH
It will really help people give you advice.

I also had an issue with my seedlings when I started them on nutes. You have to start them off with a super weak mixture, maybe 1/4 or 1/2 of the strength it says on the container, and bring it up to full strength over like 2 weeks. They were in tiny starter pots so I flushed the hell out of them and then transplanted them before starting the weak nutes again. Now they love me, but they sure looked crazy for a minute.

Mild heat stress, your ph is off a bit, I see o2 root def, p def, and n def, then you resolved some of them, but your biggest concern is not burning them with chem or with heat.

Back
Top Bottom