leaves falling off upon touch. root rot? neem oil over dose?

malashanko

so about afiew days ago, i saw some insects flying about my grow room so naturally i took precautions and sprayed down my plants with neem oil but unlike previous times, i think i used abit more than usual.
now im not sure if its a related problem, but its about 2 days later now, there are brown blotches on only some of the leaves to one random section of the plant, that i guess might not have evaporated the neem as well as the others and had some sort of reaction to the sitting neem oil (diluted). probably the most worring part though is the fact that on one of my plants (the plant closest to the entrance of my grow tent so given there isnt any walk room in there and i sort of have to spray from the from of the tent and reach over, it probably collected the most neem oil. also, i rotate my plants so at the current time, that one area on the plant must have been facing the entry way), upon stroking my hand through the infected side, many of the leaves and even the smaller fan leaves fall off.

that part, scares the living shit out of me. this is my stongest and has been the most vigirous plant that ive had so far. other than that effected spot though, the plant looks great. standing tall and strong. about 3 weeks into flowering. same thing with the other plants but they dont have any loose leaves and alot less brown blotches.

to be completely honest, i dont know what is going on. its either root rot, fungus, or a neem oil ever dose (really hoping its that last one. means it wont happen again haha)

im just a concerned father and would like some reassurance that what is happening is harmless

Re: leaves falling off upon touch. root rot? neem oil ever dose?

oh, and for the leaves that fall off, not all of them are covered in brown splotches. some only have minor amounts of brown on them. alof of the smaller leaves and some of the larger leaves feel pretty alive when they fall off too. its worry some.. :/

neem should be washed off after a day or so. if applied too heavy it seals off the underside of the leaves and affects the plants respiration. could the affected area have been infected with mites and the eaten, or punctured leaves have browned after contact with neem.
i think i would give it a good spray down with clean cool water and see if it perks up afterward. neem (as well as just about any other insecticide) will knock the sh*t out of unhealthy plants when applied at the recommended dosages. start off at half concentration or even lower.

right, so i gave it a nice spray but i might have to do a more thorough spray.

the thing that is really worring me is that even now more leaves are continuing to fall off..like at an unusual rate. could it be that i flushed out the nutes too soon? i always water after a dry period after feeding. could that be the problem and should i feed it? somthing doesnt feel right

i would make sure the soil is damp, but i wouldnt feed it nutes right now. straight water for your sick girl only! stop mussin with her and let her rest for a bit. she could take a couple days to look like she is perking up. be patient, peace

so you dont think that im under feeding it?

cause thats my worry.

ive had a similar thing happen to my plants minus the brown blotches and the excessive shedding.

but essentially one of the plants was looking abit down for a day or two, then i decided to give it a feeding and the next thing i knew it was a perky healthy plant.

i did infact read that over watering does lead to excessive shedding but i just feel like there size alone reqires alot of energy and with my past experience of recovering one of my plants by feeding it, im not too sure what is the best thing to do.

the soil isnt exactly dry but its not super moist. i lifted one of the plants and it wasnt really that heavy.

if any one can reply asap, i need to know if i should feed it tonight. i know glasseye has a point, that thats only if i actually did over water it of which im not so sure i did. the plants are usually heavier when they are moisture rich so i need abit more reassurance, soon if possible..

underfeeding - not a chance. not unless you are growing out a couple year old mother. plants will survive with only, repeat only water. plain old water.

Back
Top Bottom