leaves scrunching and curling. also middle leaves beginning to lose colour

jdeezy22

hi every1 my second post and im having the same problem again.
so in my veg room I'm running co2 and my temps are staying at 77-85
24 hours of light with 1000w halides
my humidity is around 75 (i know a little high but when the ac kicks on it drys right out so my fogger is set to 70 to combat)
im following general hydroponics feeding chart. im about a month in and still vegging so I'm still at week 3 on the chart following to a T.
my ph was at 6 i know is a little low for soil so im thinking that may be the problem. i just flushed them yesterday at 6.8ph and am going to aim for 6.5 from now on.
ill post some pics maybe any1 might know what keeps happening. the same thing happened on my last batch at the exact same time about a month in, and i was never able to fix it
as the title says some of the plants are scrunching in the leaves near the stems and curling a little.
a lot of the new growth is coming out like claws a lilltle and this is what really worries me.
some leaves in the middle are starting to lose some colour and veins are showing through.
thanks for any help guys.
IMG_112219.jpg
IMG_112122.jpg
IMG_112017.jpg

IMG_111814.jpg
IMG_111613.JPG
IMG_11158.JPG
IMG_111411.jpg
IMG_11136.jpg

Since flushing seems to not be working, if I had to narrow it down I would say it looks like a Magnesium, zinc, or iron deficiency (which all three have close characteristics with one another). If I was going to hedge my bets I'd say Magnesium since that one seems to be fairly common out of the three, however, I've never grown in hydro before so I'm unfamiliar with the process and issues that arise. Below are the godsend of info for all your problem needs. Good luck chum

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial
Plant Abuse Chart - Blogs - 420 Magazine

My first guess is the roots are suffering. Possibly from over watering. It does appear the plant is not capable of up taking its needs. If not over watered then I would look for a ph issue in the soil.

I prefer a cooler temp and lower humidity like 40-60% in veg.

Oh that looks abit wierd... even with a PH of 6 you should be reasonable ok to grow a plant, optimal PH is 6.4 to 6.6 but any where in the nuetral range of PH 6 to 7 should be fine to be honest & can get away with a little either side of nuetral PH but suggest a good micro nutrient feed being applyed with your regular feeding regime.

1. I would like to ask what sort of growing medium you are using ? & brand name or type of medium would be useful !

2. How did you measure your PH of soil also may help.

But suspect a micro nutrient defeciency as these often effect the growing tips first along with the new growth... this may depend on whether you are using a micro nutrient feed/solution or not...

When you talk about your ph, are you saying you're watering them with solution that is that ph? or is that the ph of the runoff?
You're using GH, but is this hydro or soil? If it's hydro then your ph numbers are way to high. I use GH Flora 3 part too, and my ph is never that high when I mix nutrients. For hydro, you want the ph to be right around 5.9 Most folks let it drift a little bit as nutrient absorption rates vary depending on the ph. 5.9 is about the only place where everything is available. You will go crazy trying to keep it at exactly 5.9. What I so is adjust the reservoir down to 5.5/5.6. It will then slowly rise over several days. If it hits 6.2-6.3, I will adjust it back down. I generally shoot for 5.5, but if I hit 5.6, I stop there.

You said the same thing happened last time. What happened after this stage? So you know what the next set of symptoms are, right?

How often are you feeding and how often are you watering? I'm in soil as well and I'm using the GH Flora 3 pack, but I DON'T follow their chart. I just ended veg 1 day ago and the last watering included nutes @ 20ml ea for a 7 gallon mix. I think this is about 80% of their chart.

I'm now adding nutes every OTHER watering and each watering is about 4 or 5 days between them. I wait till the soil is VERY dry. I keep my temps in the 77 range, I try hard to NOT let it get into the 80s. I keep the humidity near 30%

I too thought I had an Mg def problem, so I used CaliMagic and have since stopped. In fact I stopped ALL nutes for about 1.5/2 weeks.

I notice you are 1 month in, generally with soil, you don't need any nutes until about 1 month in. If you've been adding nutes the whole time, you might have lockout out.

Are you checking your PPM?

How are you venting the grow area? I had plant stress until I upped the fresh air, if your running 24hr lights on, you'll need a ton of fresh air.

One last note, I don't know if this applies to your grow, but my plants got stressed (drooping leaves) towards the end of the lights on cycle. My cycle was 18/6 and the plants did NOT like the last 2 hours of that cycle. I'm now in 12/12 and they show no signs of stress.

If you're in soil, I'd stop all nutes except maybe CaiMagic. Don't water for about 4 days. Switch to an 18hr cycle. Get a bunch of fresh air in the grow area.

Edit: I just double checked my ph scale, I'm in the 5.5/6.0 range. I've heard that 5.9 is ideal.

Edit again: I have been using 5.5/6.0 range, but it looks like 5.9 is NOT ideal, maybe more like 6.5

Back
Top Bottom