Leaves' tips turning white

Hello everyone,

I hope you all are doing well.

I am back, my plant seems to be growing faster and better now that I am using a light for accelerated growth during the evenings ( on top of the daily sunlight that she receives).

However, I've noticed that some of the tips of the leaves are turning white...

Does anyone happen to know why could that be happening?

I added plenty of pics in order for you guys to see the details well.
Thanks a lot in advance for the help!

Allan
- Costa Rican Grower -

Attachments

• IMG-20181216-WA0011.jpg
    IMG-20181216-WA0011.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG-20181216-WA0009.jpg
    IMG-20181216-WA0009.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG-20181216-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20181216-WA0006.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG-20181216-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20181216-WA0005.jpg
    272.7 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG-20181216-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20181216-WA0003.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG-20181216-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20181216-WA0001.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG-20181216-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20181216-WA0000.jpg
    299.7 KB · Views: 128
looks like the start of very mild nute burn
it's a common occurrence
what are you feeding them?
Thanks man, I'm going all natural. I sometimes feed it plantain leaves tea for potassium, egg shells dust or really well grinded for calcium and the water used to wash the rice ( which I heard is strong on nutrients)... That's pretty much it.
The plantain tea I did it like twice in two months, the egg shells twice as well, and the rice enriched water pretty much every single time I water it.

Good to find you today CostaRicanGrower. My search for white tips brought me here. I've been feeding at 1/4 % G.O. bio grow and thought it might be the opposite. @Emilya 3 of 5 of my plants look like this too. It's been cool and dry til recently if that's a clue.
IMG_4130.jpg
Must be some hot soil Otter.... it looks like slight overnute here too. Maybe in that soil veg nutes are not needed yet? I am also concerned about all the downturned puffy leaves ... are you watering too often and not letting the bottoms dry out?

Must be some hot soil Otter.... it looks like slight overnute here too. Maybe in that soil veg nutes are not needed yet? I am also concerned about all the downturned puffy leaves ... are you watering too often and not letting the bottoms dry out?
I'm using happy frog potting soil for the first time si I don't know how hot it is. I'm a little anal about water intervals. That one was watered yesterday after 6 days of no water. The pot was light. They've been cold and dry is all I can think of. Woops I had a mag def going on but is 2 waterings ago. Do you think that might affect in this way? Edit: The secondary growth in the pic is not affected.

HF is a good soil for early veg... it could be the cold, just like us they slow down when it gets cold so they don't need as many nutes. Can you put a space heater in there and get them up in the 70s? As far as the leaves and the puffyness... maybe just a snapshot in time and meaningless... the tops are lifting up. The leaves look sad though, like something is going on at the roots. Glad to hear that you are a careful waterer. The more I think about it, I think you are right... its all related to the cold.

HF is a good soil for early veg... it could be the cold, just like us they slow down when it gets cold so they don't need as many nutes. Can you put a space heater in there and get them up in the 70s? As far as the leaves and the puffyness... maybe just a snapshot in time and meaningless... the tops are lifting up. The leaves look sad though, like something is going on at the roots. Glad to hear that you are a careful waterer. The more I think about it, I think you are right... its all related to the cold.
I'm pretty sure I have the cold and dry figured out. Doing a lights out study as we type for temp and RH. As of yesterday I'm steady Low 50%'s RH and 79F lights on. I'm recording the temp and rh today at lights out. Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom