Leaving plants in small container till sexing

averagejoe

I have 6 plants in a small 17x13 (inches) hydroponics tote will I be able to leave them in there till sexing to avoid transplant shock apologize for the questions I'm new to this thanks any advice is appreciated

I'm not sure how that works with hydro. I'm assuming if the roots are covered they should be fine but I could be wrong. What a lot of people will do is take a clone and force it into flowering to determine sex

I can transplant them once just fine I just don't wanna do it twice ya know. Guess the real question is quld 6 plants fit in a 17x13 space till 3 or 4 weeks when I can sex them. I'll upload a pic of it if u can tell me how lol

I have 6 plants in a small 17x13 (inches) hydroponics tote will I be able to leave them in there till sexing to avoid transplant shock apologize for the questions I'm new to this thanks any advice is appreciated

sexing might not happen until week 5 or 6 or even later. Some people don't see indications of sex until actually making the switch to 12/12 and then even a week to 10 days after that. I think you may need to rethink your plan. Also, if transplanting is done correctly, there is no shock... none. My plants do not even slow down for a day after transplanting, and as a matter of fact I think that they experience a peak of activity at that point. Check your premises... you may have overlooked something.

I just need to know if they can stay in that size container till I sex them whenever that may be. I'm switching to 12/12 after 2 weeks veg.im on day 5 of week 1. I don't need criticism just asking questions

yes, CFL's are to weak to form big juicy frosty buds but there ok for veg stage. :peacetwo:

Joe, you will just need to stake your plant to support the main bud.

It's all I have for now. I have 2 48inch tube lights and I'm gonna get 6 actual cfls for flowering. Do u have a pic of a plant that has grown like that so I culd see it?...also I just switched from 24hrs(they were on it for a week from germination to sprout) of light to 18/6 schedule( been on it for 2 days now). Culd I switch it to 12/12 right now to make it grow like a pole?I seen a thread that was talking about it

yes, switch to bloom (12/12) if plant is over 1 foot tall, then in the 1st
2 weeks of bloom the plant should grow another foot before it starts to really bud up nice. :peacetwo:

They are only 3 to 4 inches right now. They are in the 6 hour dark period right now or I'd check them. It won't hurt switching the light schedule that many times? 7 days from when I germinated them in a paper towel and put them in Rockwool cubes I switched to the 18/6 they are in they're second night now just so u have the info

ok Joe, they will need another couple weeks in veg stage (18/6) in the meantime
heres a video about expected yields from different lights.

I was planning on only doing 2 or 3 weeks veg then 6 or 8 weeks flower. Will they still fit in the 17x13 for the 2 or 3 week veg. I can't have them huge. I have 6 plants btw

Back
Top Bottom