LEC Sun System 315 grow light for auto?

Great
What did you keep for distance from the light to the plant?
And other tips
Please and thank you
It's been a while but 24 inches where I worked for. Sometimes they grew into the light and 18 inches worked. That's a powerful light and grows well at 24. Curious to hear what others use. There wasn't much info on these things just 2 years ago when I got mine.

great I’m at 20” now and will adjust accordingly, when you say LECs worked “fine” for your autos is there a better light that you had luck with...I’m looking for the wow factor...any auto strains you recommend would be helpful as well
Thanks

great I’m at 20” now and will adjust accordingly, when you say LECs worked “fine” for your autos is there a better light that you had luck with...I’m looking for the wow factor...any auto strains you recommend would be helpful as well
Thanks
I don't want to sway you too much because LEC's are a good choice. Lights are a huge consideration we have to live with hopefully for a long time.
My reason to change was my tent is 4' 6" x 4' 6". The LEC covers 3 x 3 well but the edges of the tent were not so bright having the source in the middle. I chose cob led's that cover the tent more evenly. They are DIY that somebody nearby makes. People are using Quantum Board lighting too. Try surfing the sponsors pages here and check out peoples current journals that are having success
1544613616806.png

This is one of mine. It covers 2 feet x 4 feet. As ar as auto's go, when you pick from a good supplier it helps. I sound like a machine but the people who advertise here are generally good companys to deal with and offer a price cut for us here. If you check their sites out and read about all of them one will jump out at you to try.

Hey thanks for the info broman! I’m just starting out and am jacked up excited
Hey buddy Stoneotter gave some good advice on lighting and Id like to welcome you to the forum and encourag you to setup a grow journal so that we can watch those babies grow!
Im not gonna get on my soapbox, but I do have some advice as well :) Number one advice is get your environment in check and learn how to manipulate the humidity. If that means raising it or lowering it, humidity is your bitch! Second piece of advice is pick your equipment and media and all that other stuff and stay with it! I jumped from soil to coco (in the middle of a grow!),tried hydro, did coco again, back to soil :rolleyes:. Autoflowers can be great, my experience has been great. The problem with beginners and autoflowers, is if they happen to not have a good environment they arent going to be very happy plants. Cheers and :goodluck:!

Thanks broman...it’s funny I’m having a hard time with the humidity keeping it above 50....it’s also cold as a mofo up here..so inside tent is 76ish and outside tent is 50ish...hoping to dial it in and keep it more consistent...I thought the light would put off more heat but it’s all a learning process..thanks again

Part of the secret lies in controlling your exhaust fan. If you are able to lower the speed you can keep more heat and humidity in the tent. Faster air exchange makes it cooler and less humid. CMH runs warm but not as hot as HPS to my knowledge. In the winter that might be perfect, whereas in the summer you may need to run LED's or run ac.

Have a look at the VPD article I wrote in my link. It explains why having the right environment is one of the best things you can do for your plants if not the best. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom