LED Grower wanna begginer

adis

Ok.i'm planing to grow 5-6 ak-48 feminized seeds(this will be my first grow)under a good LED light.What kind of LED i should get and how is best...to get a big watt LED or two lower watt.
and...when you are buying a LED this includes a ballast too..i so that some of them does...if not what ballast u recomande?

Re: LED Grower wanna be(giner

No need for a ballast on an LED, they have internal power supplies, LEDs are low voltage DC devices so they don't require a big ballast system.

Depending on the size of your space and the style of grow you are going with and your BUDGET will determine which LEDs are going to be best for you.

There are several LEDs out there, some good, some not so good and a few that are great. The good and great ones will cost you more than the not-so-good units.

Let's look at space first. If you are looking at an area that is 2x2 then a single 180-240 watt light is fine.

2x4 = 2 lights in the 180-240
2x6 or 4x4 = 2 lights in the 300-400 watt range or a single 600+ unit

Look at your foot print and what the size of the canopy is to determine how much you need.

What is the height of your grow space? If you will have less than 12 inches above the canopy consider the 1 w lights (I don't recommend 1 watt units). If you can go up to 24+ inches above canopy then stay with the more powerful 3 w chips.

You can check out my grow journals for some basics on LED grows, also check out Jozo-sha's journals. That will give you an overview of a couple different manufacturer's units. I am partial to using Advanced LED's units and their newest light the Diamond Series is a great unit (it will be for sale to the general public in a few weeks, but is being sold to existing customers now--awesome unit).

Let me know what your budget is, what size space you have and what type of grow you are going with (SOG, SCROG, LST, bushes...). I'll give you my recommendation on what size you should buy.

Best of luck.

i use an led panel but for secondary light only, by itself it just doesent seem bright enuff to grow healthy plants, but they are helpful for getting the spectrum how you want it

i use an led panel but for secondary light only, by itself it just doesent seem bright enuff to grow healthy plants, but they are helpful for getting the spectrum how you want it
what size and output is your panel? It is helpful to others if you give specifics. I have been very successful using nothing but LEDs, and believe me, they are more than bright enough.

If you are using anything less than 90 watts of light (actual draw not what the company says it's equal to--like CFLs that say 100w light equivalent when they are really 23w).

If you purchased your panel on an auction site it is most likely a very low power light and at best is good for side-lighting. Buy a quality light and you opinion will change.

i feel you yours probably go a whole lot harder then mine do, i got 3 2x2' not sure about the watts but very well could be to weak to grow on there own

No need for a ballast on an LED, they have internal power supplies, LEDs are low voltage DC devices so they don't require a big ballast system.

Depending on the size of your space and the style of grow you are going with and your BUDGET will determine which LEDs are going to be best for you.

There are several LEDs out there, some good, some not so good and a few that are great. The good and great ones will cost you more than the not-so-good units.

Let's look at space first. If you are looking at an area that is 2x2 then a single 180-240 watt light is fine.

2x4 = 2 lights in the 180-240
2x6 or 4x4 = 2 lights in the 300-400 watt range or a single 600+ unit

Look at your foot print and what the size of the canopy is to determine how much you need.

What is the height of your grow space? If you will have less than 12 inches above the canopy consider the 1 w lights (I don't recommend 1 watt units). If you can go up to 24+ inches above canopy then stay with the more powerful 3 w chips.

You can check out my grow journals for some basics on LED grows, also check out Jozo-sha's journals. That will give you an overview of a couple different manufacturer's units. I am partial to using Advanced LED's units and their newest light the Diamond Series is a great unit (it will be for sale to the general public in a few weeks, but is being sold to existing customers now--awesome unit).

Let me know what your budget is, what size space you have and what type of grow you are going with (SOG, SCROG, LST, bushes...). I'll give you my recommendation on what size you should buy.

Best of luck.

well i want to buy a silver box too...what is the good size for 6 plants?my budget is around 400-500$ for light.
can you give me some advices of LED's ?

I just finished a test and I think the Advanced LEDs Diamond Series 200w is the ticket. It is in the price range and is a performer. They aren't listed on their site yet, but they are taking orders from existing customers. If you mention my journal they'll let you get in on the pre-order price. They are selling them fast though, so I don't know how long their current stock will last.

The beauty is, that you can add another 200w to this one via a daisy chain cable when you expand to a larger space.

Our LED Grow lights are 8-Band with the following colors are:740nm infrared, 660nm red, 630nm red, 610nm orange, 580nm yellow, 460nm blue, 440nm blue, 410nm violet and warm/pure white.
The majority of the diodes are concentrated on the red, blues and violet wavelengths.
Depending on the size of your grow area, I can recommend a specific light to you.

DormGrow has very high quality lights that come with a generous return policy and warranty. Our lights are priced very well when compared to other quality competitors! If you have any specific questions about a light, we would be happy to answer them for you.

DormGrow, just curious, in your development why did you chose to use 580nm yellow? How did you find this benefits the plant?

Just curious, always looking to learn ;)

Good Question :thumb:
As you know, the main spectra needed for photosynthesis are the blues and reds which is where most LED grow lights concentrate. We have all seen photosynthetic action spectrum charts showing two major peaks at around 410nm and 660nm. However, there is also a smaller, secondary peak at 580nm and that is why we incorporate this wavelength by weighted value to the overall diode ratio.

Good Question :thumb:
As you know, the main spectra needed for photosynthesis are the blues and reds which is where most LED grow lights concentrate. We have all seen photosynthetic action spectrum charts showing two major peaks at around 410nm and 660nm. However, there is also a smaller, secondary peak at 580nm and that is why we incorporate this wavelength by weighted value to the overall diode ratio.

Interesting concept. so I guess you are using a very small % of the yellow.

Back
Top Bottom