Led help hps comparison

ssdpr89

So I have decided that I want to go with LED, but I'm not sure really where to start. We would like to have a LED setup that would be comparable to 8 1k hps.

I have read that a 350w might be comparable to a 1k hps; another thing I am unsure of is bands. I have been told tri band is not sufficient and that you should at least go with quad band for a full spectrum?

Anyways I am not sure what brands would be best and where the best place to purchase these lights I am looking for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.:thanks:

also, do a search in the grow journals for LED. There are a number of experienced growers using LED now. I know that SteveHman is doing one or two with LED's. Also MagicBeans is doing a comparison. Me.. I'm new at this and just started my first grow ever, and using LED's.

Insuranceguy is correct though.. start with Steve's LED buyers guide he linked for you.

Good luck..

I've had my Diamond Series from Advanced LED's for a couple of weeks now. So far, they seem like the cat's meow. From my research, there are a lot of companies selling LED grow lights, that aren't worth a flip. There are a few that seem to be really good. Besides the Advanced LED's I think a few people on here have been doing some grows with the GrowStealthLED pro blooms.

I'd read as many LED grow journals as you can... loads of info in them.

I really did my homework when I started looking for LEDs. Comparing price and quality. You know what they say, " you get what you pay for. " It also depends on how many plants your gonna grow.
600W LED Grow
I read this guys entire journal cause he had the same grow system as I have. Single 600 watt LED grow in soil, Total of 4 plants. The results were amazing. Not the same brand as I got but it was the same type. Any of 420 magazine's LED sponsors should be able to help pick out the right one. good luck

Back
Top Bottom