LED light size?

jack57591

420 Member
Good after noon everyone.

Im going to buy a iPower 5x10 grow tent and was wondering about the amount of light i should use for the tent. I was first looking at buying the
AGLEX 2000W LED GROW LIGHT. but then i seen 1200w aglex and was wondering if I put the 1200w light on a light mover work that work just as good or better then the 2000w? im going to run a 8" intake fan for both the in coming air and out going with a 8" carbor filter on it. what do yall think about that for the amount the fans are rated at 735 cfm. what do yall think? will that be a good set up? to much or to little? any help would be great! Thank you again for your help.

You will need a lot of watts for that size tent and probably 6 lights to fill it all

That 2000w only pulls 408w from the wall, no way will fill even a third of it

Fans sound ok, just get good ones not cheap. They run 24/7 365days a year, get a good one. A 6" will probably do it, easier to find ducting and filter will be much cheaper

Why such a big tent? Are u going to veg and flower in one? Two tents is much easier for that because strains do their own thing then you can move some quicker to flower if needed

ya i was going to veg and flower in the same tent. I was thinking 5 Big bud and 5 Purple Hulk. what size light would do good in that size. Is that to big of a tent for 10 plants? and will a light mover help? I was hoping a light mover would mean i wont have to have a buy a big watt light. I could go with a HPS i just liked the idea of saving money on elt. Was also thinking i could do a scrog tek to get a even canopy as it is two different stands. I have about 1,000 to spend on every thing and looking for the right size stuff. i know i want to do about 10 plants and fig a 5x10 would fit just right in that size. and I all ready have a 8" carbor filter so thats why im going with that size. If you had a 1,000 to spend to grow 10 plants what size tent and light would yall recommend?

I have a light rail mover in a 4’x4’ tent with a 480w 4 panel QB light on it. The light mover for sure makes a nice difference, but it doesn’t double the output or anything. This round I turned off the light rail and added a 185w QB light and haven’t really noticed much if any difference.

:passitleft:

I have 2 small grows under me. There nothing to right home about but i did learn from them. I just got with a friend and im going to do one more grow before a big one. Im leaning to 600w hps along with the 400w led light i have right now to grow about 10 purple power auto flower. going to use soil. and was thinking about a grow log? for them. my last auto flower grow was really sad.

Blew Hiller are you talking about building a led light?

@Blew Hiller are you talking about building a led light?
Depends on wattage you want, but you def get more for your money if you DYI...QB seem to be pretty basic in the assembly....I personally have not done that, but many here have. I saw you referenced saving $ on electricity..and LED's will do that. Look up threads by @PurpleGunRack ...that is my go to for most light questions.

Yup

I'll be updating the bigger one with two more bds down the center
It will give me 600w, from wall, in my 4x4 tent

Smaller 4 BD is about 210w in a tub or 2x4 area
IMG_20190209_131127.jpg
IMG_20180215_155429454.jpg

Thanks, Chris - looks like a great project. I love my Quantum Board .. which I bought on your recommendation among others. My plants love the QB! Right now my tent 3x3 is exactly the right size for my LED lights. But in future - I'd like to change over to all HLG boards - they are so much more efficient than anything else I've been exposed to.

wow yall have been GREAT! Thank you for all the help and pointing me in the right way and the links. I will def do the diy quantum board. i am also looking in to cob led. well thanks every one for your help. i will do a grow long of my next auto flower grow.

Back
Top Bottom