LED lighting distance question

Robb87

I have 2 600w Mars Hydro lights in my grow. If I keep the temperature down can I put the light cloerser than the recommended 18 inches without getting light burn?

Leds are not like hid or hps lamps. You can't rely on heat to give your distance. Follow the manufacturers instructions. They have tested their own products over and over to give you the correct distance. Many leds are different in light spread,optics angles ,wattage and etc. One led at 18" may be fine, others will cause heat stress at that distance. Because of the efficiency of leds, they do not put off much heat yet they can put off very strong light. I use leds and I could light burn/ bleach my plants in a 72F room if my light is too close. Good luck.

Leds are not like hid or hps lamps. You can't rely on heat to give your distance. Follow the manufacturers instructions. They have tested their own products over and over to give you the correct distance. Many leds are different in light spread,optics angles ,wattage and etc. One led at 18" may be fine, others will cause heat stress at that distance. Because of the efficiency of leds, they do not put off much heat yet they can put off very strong light. I use leds and I could light burn/ bleach my plants in a 72F room if my light is too close. Good luck.

Exactly what I needed to know thanks

Back
Top Bottom