LED Stealth Box - Exhaust System

Masterspud

Hey all,

I just got some parts in the mail for my grow box. I'm pretty excited so I wanted to post the set up.

6" 240 cfm duct fan, fan speed adjuster and 4" to 6" duct adapter:
IMG_125123.JPG

IMG_125528.JPG

Put togther:
IMG_125626.JPG

Fan w/ 4"adapter, 4" vinyl ducting, and 4" carbon filter w/ prescreen.
IMG_125925.JPG

Put together:
IMG_126025.JPG

Watt box:
IMG_125223.JPG

Back:
IMG_125324.JPG

I'll use the watt box as a timer. I can plug it into my home network and have control of two outlets from anywhere that has wifi.

The cabinet is an old AV rack. It has some bars that extend 1" across the inside of the two side walls. I want the walls to be flush. I'm going to cut out pieces of 1' foam and cover them with mylar on one side. These will attach to the sides of the rack making it flush and easy to clean between grows. At the very top I will attach a piece of 1/2" plywood so I have more than a sheet of metal to hang my lights/exhaust from. The plywood gets a mylar coating too.

At the bottom I'll have 2 4" airtight duct collars with added light proofing. the exhaust will be outfitted with the fan and 6" airtight duct collar with a small piece of ducting to make the 90 degree turn. Everything will get a liberal amount of duct tape.

Here is a 2d rendering of a model I made in sketchup.

final_box_build_1.png

I am going to try my best to reduce the sound of the fan. If I can't I will put it in a room where the noise won't matter.

Thoughts and suggestions welcome!

Cool space. You have a lot more room than I do. I just got around to building it. I'll do a full post with pics but here is what I have so far

image11400.jpeg

Will hopefully have it up and running in just a few days. Gotta put on a door, finish the Mylar on bottom, instal fans, light proof intakes, and wiring power.

Back
Top Bottom