LED Temperatures too high Need Help!

jearbear9264

Hi Guys
well I've been having some heat problems in my 5x5 grow tent with my 900 watt Mars 2 led topled grow light

Ventilation set up:
1 8inch can fan exhausting air out into the room
1 4inch inline fan venting air directly from the House AC unit
3 mini clip on fans for air circulation inside the tent

My temps are running from 86-90 with the lights on
and just now with the lights off it was 81.

my theory is that my ambient temps are too high in my laundry room and its just cooking up the tent.
So i did leave my laundry room door open and the temps went down to 79.

What I was thinking was ordering another 8inch can fan and sticking it on the laundry rooms exhaust vent on the ceiling to suck out the hot ambient temps in there. What do you guys think

I'm also planning to buy a standing oscillating fan to blow more air in there.
THANKS FOR THE HELP IN ADVANCE !

IMG_20150408_160641.jpg

https://www.420magazine.com/community/gallery/901524

Re: LED Temperatures to high NEED HELP!

Hi jear must be quite warm in your laundry room, but looks like you've got enough space in the tent for a much bigger fan...so like you said go get one :laughtwo:

Hi thanks for the reply!!
I actually just shorted out the room and burnt out that 4inch fan lol that thing had a bit of a shock! thank god it happend now rather then when I was sleeping!

well on that note im going to head to walmart and go get a bigger stand fan

Hi thanks for the reply!!
I actually just shorted out the room and burnt out that 4inch fan lol that thing had a bit of a shock! thank god it happend now rather then when I was sleeping!

well on that note im going to head to walmart and go get a bigger stand fan

Your temps aren't too high though but would be better to get them down a little if its not a problem & a bigger fan will easily do the trick. Also make sure your circuit can handle all the electric...I don't know what else is running in your laundry room but make sure its not being overloaded. Good luck

I have a similar setup in a 4x4 Milliard tent. I started with one Platinum 300W, added a second, then added a 600W Mars II Hydro. The two Platinums never touched my temps, but when I added that Mars II my temps shot up well over 90F. Killed the Mars and back to ambient temp.

Based on our experiences, I question the quality of the Mars heat sinks.

I have an oscillating fan and a 6" inline fan for exhaust.

yup still sitting at 90 degrees with stand fan added :( any suggestions?

Any way to dump your AC out directly into the tent, then let the fan pull the chilled air through the exhaust vent? It's that or buy a portable AC or find cooler lights. My Platinums run much cooler than my Mars.

Well I did have the 4inch directly connected to the ac bringing ac air directly into the tent before I blew the fan up.

We'll l just ordered a 8inch van to pull air out the room hopefully that will do it.

Back
Top Bottom