temperature help please

Not sure on how big Y piece is ? but would suspect between 12" to 18" in size.

You don't have to have it sticking out from the window as it may well can be placed flat across the wall with some extra ducting etc

Other wise a DIY option may be done by splicing the ducting together to form a Y... cling film and lots of ducting tape springs to mind :cheesygrinsmiley:

Mmm ye it might increase noise at the exhaust vent near the porch tho but other options to reduce noise are acoustic/muffled ducting or even a fan silencer (about 36" big or bigger)

I've done my best to aid you as much as i can, but it is coming to a time for you to decide on what is best for your situation or you may wish to do further research from other sources to bring more light to the subject ?

Or trial & error from info given already the choice is yours to make !

When i first started growing my own i spent 6 to 8 months reading all sorts of stuff & yes very confusing times... but having a back ground in horticulture i figured stuff out over time & still learning to the day :thumb:

I still do a fair amount of research myself when i have time on my hands to improve my learning curve, but i think most people who grow will find it a life long learning experience !

Given all of that... i only use a 90cm by 90cm by 180cm tent & have X % values to work with being slightly variable with temps etc & RH, i could improve such :high-five:

But i think their is enough info so far for you to work with on grow room design issue's, but i feel you may benefit from other growers experience's by viewing Grow Journals to see what others work with :Namaste:

Not sure on how big Y piece is ? but would suspect between 12" to 18" in size.

You don't have to have it sticking out from the window as it may well can be placed flat across the wall with some extra ducting etc

Other wise a DIY option may be done by splicing the ducting together to form a Y... cling film and lots of ducting tape springs to mind :cheesygrinsmiley:

Mmm ye it might increase noise at the exhaust vent near the porch tho but other options to reduce noise are acoustic/muffled ducting or even a fan silencer (about 36" big or bigger)

I've done my best to aid you as much as i can, but it is coming to a time for you to decide on what is best for your situation or you may wish to do further research from other sources to bring more light to the subject ?

Or trial & error from info given already the choice is yours to make !

When i first started growing my own i spent 6 to 8 months reading all sorts of stuff & yes very confusing times... but having a back ground in horticulture i figured stuff out over time & still learning to the day :thumb:

I still do a fair amount of research myself when i have time on my hands to improve my learning curve, but i think most people who grow will find it a life long learning experience !

Given all of that... i only use a 90cm by 90cm by 180cm tent & have X % values to work with being slightly variable with temps etc & RH, i could improve such :high-five:

But i think their is enough info so far for you to work with on grow room design issue's, but i feel you may benefit from other growers experience's by viewing Grow Journals to see what others work with :Namaste:

Will cooling my lights separately bring the temp down? This is what I need to know t..thanks for the replies

Will cooling my lights separately bring the temp down? This is what I need to know t..thanks for the replies

Would be considered extreme for the set up mind you & not many people would go that far !

At best 1 or 2c / 3 to 6f drop in temp off the top of my head... more expense lots more ducting than normal.

Then i think if you are using grow room air 85f to cool hoods & the the laundry room air temp is a mere 70f average that is a 15f or aprox 5c drop in temp, so using laundry room as an intake air flow to cool hoods would suggest a better option.

Will this work

I'll do some work on this diagram to express ideas !

Give me 48 hours to think, as i believe a picture may paint a thousand words than that off, i can write...

Back
Top Bottom