temperature help please

cbuts05

I need to get it figured out before summer and flower time

Setups 7x7x6 pretty much.
In my cold cellar framed and insulated.

2 1ks.. One being exhausted through it from filter and outside small window

One non air cooled.

Intake is bottom of door 8x8 hole. Outside room temp is 72 ( laundry room)

One light running temps are 78-82.

Two lights jumps to 93..

I'm in a jam of what to do to make this work.

Here's pics
IMAG11007.jpg
IMAG10997.jpg
IMAG10997.jpg
IMAG10819.jpg
IMAG10618.jpg
IMAG10759.jpg

Get another air cooled hood & link them both up, ye you could use one fan to service the hoods only.

Use another fan for exhaust/extraction only in the grow area.

Could you rig the ducting so that it intakes at the non air cooled light, runs through the air cooled hood, then out? Does this make sense? Also if you rearrange, shorten and straighten up your ducting runs so the air flows as straight as possible, you'll be making your fan setup more efficient.

Could you rig the ducting so that it intakes at the non air cooled light, runs through the air cooled hood, then out? Does this make sense? Also if you rearrange, shorten and straighten up your ducting runs so the air flows as straight as possible, you'll be making your fan setup more efficient.

It's a 700 cfm fan its blowing plenty of hot air out..I just need more cool air..and humidity would be a bonus

It's a 700 cfm fan its blowing plenty of hot air out..I just need more cool air..and humidity would be a bonus

Yeah- you don't really have much margin for cooling things when your intake air is already close to the ideal temp. Sorry I can't answer your question about the humidifier.

Ok funds are tight after that passes look into a mini split if you continue growing in my threads you can see my setup. My garden Layout thread has videos that may give you ideas.
Not sure where you are located climate wise but if you could get exterior air from outside of the house not laundry that would help. You will need to filter some way cause of pests and mold spores.

Do you have a crawl space you can pull intake air from?
I'd recommend staying away from a swamp cooler.
If your humidity is only 10% get a cheap humidifier.

So once funds aren't tight look into an ac unit of some sort. Until then find cold air to intake.

Well Dutty has pretty much summed up what i was thinking... could be a telepathic link going on here from across the globe :laughtwo:

The only other thing which crossed my mind, i don't think ya like it tho but if totally worried about temp ya might think about it ?

Turn off non cooled hood & just run the single 1000w hps in the air cooled hood.

I suspect by the pic you have a standard sized hood, now with a 1000w hps & with a hanging of 24 inch average i would imagine you would have a light foot print around 4 foot/48 inch square ish might be a little more.

I would think that would scupper any plans on growing a more bushy plant.

How ever a SOG style method (sea of green) you could get away under the single 1000w bulb with all 15 plants if done right !

Effectively it would lower yield from your original plans 2 x 1000w more bushy plants & that being an assumption based on info perceived by my ol grey matter !

Might just get ya through your first grow tho & with reasonable good results... i could explain more if you like tho ?

It is about as practical as i can get.

Well Dutty has pretty much summed up what i was thinking... could be a telepathic link going on here from across the globe :laughtwo:

The only other thing which crossed my mind, i don't think ya like it tho but if totally worried about temp ya might think about it ?

Turn off non cooled hood & just run the single 1000w hps in the air cooled hood.

I suspect by the pic you have a standard sized hood, now with a 1000w hps & with a hanging of 24 inch average i would imagine you would have a light foot print around 4 foot/48 inch square ish might be a little more.

I would think that would scupper any plans on growing a more bushy plant.

How ever a SOG style method (sea of green) you could get away under the single 1000w bulb with all 15 plants if done right !

Effectively it would lower yield from your original plans 2 x 1000w more bushy plants & that being an assumption based on info perceived by my ol grey matter !

Might just get ya through your first grow tho & with reasonable good results... i could explain more if you like tho ?

It is about as practical as i can get.

I'm buying another hood...
Can I intake from laundry room through hoods and back into laundry room with 6"? And then use 8" filter n fan to exhaust outside?

Would that mess with my passive intake

I'm buying another hood...
Can I intake from laundry room through hoods and back into laundry room with 6"? And then use 8" filter n fan to exhaust outside?

Would that mess with my passive intake

Might be tempted to get a Y piece of metal work/ducting to join ducting from carbon filter grow room exhaust & the hood exhaust point to blow all air out of the window for better temp control :thumb:

Other wise using the laundry room for intake & out take for hood cooling will raise ambient temp of the laundry room & may effect over all temps via passive intake & optimal cooling of the hoods.

Very little point in recycling warm air as it may have a negative impact on temps.

Oh ye it is best to blow air through the hoods than rather suck it through.

Note - it is better to make an air tight seal on any ducting/joins etc... one of favorite's is silver duct tape than those nasty metal clamps :Namaste:

Until funds are adequate you can simply throw in a few flourescents and shut those big boys down....Those plants are very small and do not need that much light at this point...you can veg a few weeks with a couple cheap flourescent tubes and they run cool as a cucumber.

Good Luck,

Trig

Until funds are adequate you can simply throw in a few flourescents and shut those big boys down....Those plants are very small and do not need that much light at this point...you can veg a few weeks with a couple cheap flourescent tubes and they run cool as a cucumber.

Good Luck,

Trig
I think I'll try

Filter fan hood hood and outside and see how that goes instead of using two fans and making holes

Okay idea ? Also bought 10ft insulated ducting.

Here's an update

Got my other new light
Reduced 8" at fsn to 6" insulated ducting. Gotta go get 10ft More to finish the run.

4 thermometer's these r the readings

Bottom right 84
Middle 86 24 humidity
Top left 84
Bottom left 87 showing 10 humidity

Don't know why I got two diff humidity readings but its glad to see the new one showing more then 10% lol.

Back
Top Bottom