temperature help please

Hey Fuzzy D!

thanks for the reps, just trying to help. Never spent much time in FAQ but it's kinda fun!

Got any journals going?

Trig

Ye i love FAQ i'm always floating about here & keeps my learning curve rolling as question require me to think 'n' learn !

Nope no journals at present, i only do a couple grows each year to be honest these days but working on something for later on & may revisit a DIY hydroponic system idea for such a journal.

I think I'll try

Filter fan hood hood and outside and see how that goes instead of using two fans and making holes

Okay idea ? Also bought 10ft insulated ducting.

Yup its a pretty standard set up.

I see your are keeping a tab on temp from another post mentioned which is always a good idea & ya could always think about an improved air flow later on if ya not happy with temps.

Ye we've tossed around a few ideas we can work on that later if need be ?

How ever your RH aka relative humidity is a tad low... As Dutty mentioned several post ago a cheap humidifier would be ideal to increase RH to around 40% to 50% to keep the plants happy !

You may wish to find a little time to research about that stuff as i have feeling ya the kind of thinking person who wishes their best for the girls :green_heart:

Yup its a pretty standard set up.

I see your are keeping a tab on temp from another post mentioned which is always a good idea & ya could always think about an improved air flow later on if ya not happy with temps.

Ye we've tossed around a few ideas we can work on that later if need be ?

How ever your RH aka relative humidity is a tad low... As Dutty mentioned several post ago a cheap humidifier would be ideal to increase RH to around 40% to 50% to keep the plants happy !

You may wish to find a little time to research about that stuff as i have feeling ya the kind of thinking person who wishes their best for the girls :green_heart:

Would it be ok to have.multiple passive intakes ? If I made another one a few ft over even bigger ?

Would it be ok to have.multiple passive intakes ? If I made another one a few ft over even bigger ?

It is not really going to make a big difference & if any a very small improvement.

Size of passive vent does not really increase air flow when the limiting factor is exhaust fan or fans used from points A or B & the ambient temp of air used to cool such !

Do not use a swamp cooler, they won't work in your application. Try shortening the exhaust vent hose, it's too long, the straighter and shorter the better, if nothing else use one light until you can get a small a unit.

Will it be fine to

Use 6" and pull air from laundry room to cool lights. And go outside

And use 8" in room to exhaust outside as well with filter?

And have two passive intakes also from laundry room

Yes but the laundry would need cooler temp. Have you considered a ac unit of some kind? Might be a great investment mine has paid for itself. Took awhile but my situation is different than yours. And I highly doubt you need to spend 7gs on cooling. However there are ok portable units out there but read reviews cause most are junk.

Yes but the laundry would need cooler temp. Have you considered a ac unit of some kind? Might be a great investment mine has paid for itself. Took awhile but my situation is different than yours. And I highly doubt you need to spend 7gs on cooling. However there are ok portable units out there but read reviews cause most are junk.

Temp in laundry room never above 70.. So I figure that would be better to cool the lights then the 80 degrees air in the grow room..and adding another passive intake will help more air from the house into the room also helping.. I have central air in my house..is it Bad to have too many passive intakes or no

Excellent i see some think has clicked with air temp & cooling subject :thumb:

Mmm i was wondering if the laundry room had any other form of air intake so a passive vent on the door in the house leading to laundry room should be ok to improve air flow.

Not sure about house hold temps effecting laundry room temps tho ? but may suspect i minor change in temp ?

My intake is laundry room..would I be fine to make a hole and go through lights back into laundry room? Would that help the temp

Tell me what's better.

8" filter fan hood hood out window

Or
8" filter fan out window
6" intake laundry room . hood
Hood . back to laundry room

Or

8" filter fan out window
6" Intake from laundry room exhaust into grow room ??

Temp with borh lights is 84 with filter fan hood hood outside..I'm wondering if cooler air through lights will lower it a bit.. If it's worth using 2 fans

Can you do both intake and outlet through the window to the outside, with some separation? Have the out duct end up high and the intake go as low as possible. Sorry if I missed something re this situation. Or if you have a good odor control system- intake from outside the window and run the filtered air to your laundry room or elsewhere in your house for extra home heating.

Tell me what's better.

Or
8" filter fan out window
6" intake laundry room . hood
Hood . back to laundry room

Temp with borh lights is 84 with filter fan hood hood outside..I'm wondering if cooler air through lights will lower it a bit.. If it's worth using 2 fans

Very close.

I would think about this...

8" filter, fan, out take window.

6" fan intake laundry room, hood, hood, out take window.

This way you are removing as much heat as possible from the grow area and not recycling any off it in any form of way !

Two fans are better than one, greater air movement with the above mentioned & the fan intake from laundry room with cooler air through hoods should offer better cooling lowering temps, you should be able to get under 80f if not a little more but would not suspect any lower than 75f ?

By the way i'm to keen on using outside air flow from beyond the house as there is a variable nature of air temp from one season to another & that of day/night time temperatures, this on a micro climate scale effects over all cooling & temps at any given period when running your lights !

May effect RH also !

Very close.

I would think about this...

8" filter, fan, out take window.

6" fan intake laundry room, hood, hood, out take window.

This way you are removing as much heat as possible from the grow area and not recycling any off it in any form of way !

Two fans are better than one, greater air movement with the above mentioned & the fan intake from laundry room with cooler air through hoods should offer better cooling lowering temps, you should be able to get under 80f if not a little more but would not suspect any lower than 75f ?

By the way i'm to keen on using outside air flow from beyond the house as there is a variable nature of air temp from one season to another & that of day/night time temperatures, this on a micro climate scale effects over all cooling & temps at any given period when running your lights !

May effect RH also !

Ok the only problem with that is the window is only 5" x10" I have a 6" boot in there now with exhausting through lights..
Only other place to exhaust is laundry room .. But I'd rather exhaust the lights there..would it even help I want least amount of heat going to laundry room
Here's my setup

Can you do both intake and outlet through the window to the outside, with some separation? Have the out duct end up high and the intake go as low as possible. Sorry if I missed something re this situation. Or if you have a good odor control system- intake from outside the window and run the filtered air to your laundry room or elsewhere in your house for extra home heating.

I cannot pull air from outside..just the one small window with one exhaust boot

Ok the only problem with that is the window is only 5" x10" I have a 6" boot in there now with exhausting through lights..
Only other place to exhaust is laundry room .. But I'd rather exhaust the lights there..would it even help I want least amount of heat going to laundry room
Here's my setup

Nice vid & reps given :thumb:

That is where the Y piece of metal work/ducting comes in to play to join both exhaust/out take ducting into one out take point.

May need a reducer on 8" filter / fan possible ducting used to Y piece size...

Need to look at what is available via an online hydroponic shop out let.

If the metal work protrudes directly from window then their can be a hanging height issues with hoods vs plant & size of Y piece.

In that case i would more likely have the Y piece held tight to the wall & allow for some extra ducting to adjust hood height when need.

You may wish to get the tape measure out to work out finer details tho...

Nice vid & reps given :thumb:

That is where the Y piece of metal work/ducting comes in to play to join both exhaust/out take ducting into one out take point.

May need a reducer on 8" filter / fan possible ducting used to Y piece size...

Need to look at what is available via an online hydroponic shop out let.

If the metal work protrudes directly from window then their can be a hanging height issues with hoods vs plant & size of Y piece.

In that case i would more likely have the Y piece held tight to the wall & allow for some extra ducting to adjust hood height when need.

You may wish to get the tape measure out to work out finer details tho...
Haha thanks I did it so ppl can understand my grow room
I cannot find a 6" y anywhere local.
And they are pretty long right ? The window is the side of my front porch
.u can barley hear it unless ur standing in front of it..adding a y and more air would only make it whistle more wouldn't it? And can u can see there's barley any room on far left and far right of the room ..this is so difficultt..

Right now two lights I run 83-86degrees. 2 ft away from plant..and these are 2 1k mh bulbs.I wanna be able to move the light closer and it be cooler..help meeee!!! Haha thanks for replying.

I have two passive intakes..if in strapped my 6" fan to one n pull in air from laundry room would that help.. Or should I be rearranging idfk..so irritated lol.. It'll just get hotter with hps bulb no?

Back
Top Bottom