Led

pot24.jpg
pot71.jpg
pot91.jpg
my two purple caddilac clones about one week into veg, got them under a 400 watt hygro LED. im also new to the LED movement but so far am very happy with this light

pot24.jpg
pot71.jpg
pot91.jpg
my two purple caddilac clones about one week into veg, got them under a 400 watt hygro LED. im also new to the LED movement but so far am very happy with this light

I am starting my first grow, and will be using a 90W UFO LED, since my grow space is small about 60 by 35 cm, i am hoping this will work out for me, i will also be using Iguana juice grow, for the vegging, and i was wondering would it be enough with some organic soil i bought?
I will start a journal as soon as my seeds come up, they have been in the germination kit from Nirvana for the last 72 hours almost i can see the main lil root popping up, but still no lief yet, i will need all the help i can get so any suggestions or info will be appreciated, i ahev been lurking around here reading journals....
wish me look and be my mentor pleaase lol

actually, i am working it out as it goes, but i have started 4 seeds haha couldn t help it man, i was thinking just 2 at first, but i might have found a larger space my remaining issue is the height i have a limited height of around i m guessing one meter but i m guessing i can get a meter or two so i will have to bend them and all the other size control methods i have read about.
What do you think of using just iguana juice grow and bloom, even dough i have this kit from nirvana these tablets for grow and bloom, but i am thinking of adding some to that.

Hello All, Posted Day 28 Under Advance Diamond Series DS-200's in my gallery. I managed to get a second DS-200 1st of the year. With both DS's there was no need for 42 watt CFL to keep temps up in 85 degree range. I still have exhaust shut off once an hour for 15 min to warm it up though. So everything's tuned and going great. Winter is my favorite time to work this hobby though. I take the summers off. Weird now that I think about it. Wonder if anyone else does that? It's all LED baby from here on out. I'm lovin it. Peace...

Cool.. I don't don't bother with growing outside. So I really take the summers off. I like having something to keep me busy all winter I guess. Pretty much makes the whole winter a holiday for me. :)

No problems at all... Going well for me. I have a small space 31"X31" for flowering. I've flowered with both T-5's alone and a 250 watt HPS with CFL's added, I'd say the LED's by far surpass the T-5's, and so far are on par with the 250w HPS, of course there are many other factors than just light.. I got four more weeks to go yet, but I think it will be very close the HPS, if it's a little less yield I don't care. I'm very happy with em. I think it's important to keep the temps up around 80 to 85 with LEDs. Also I went with lighter soil..

Hello All, Finishing up week 8 of my first Diamond Series LED grow. Posted a couple pics in my gallery. The strain is Barneys Farm Red Dragon, I'm really likin the looks of em. nice and frosty. Gonna give em one more week. Peace...

How Goes it cgkone.. I got the temps between 80 and 85 thing from LED grow tutorial video. They say it helps the plants transpire better and grow faster. I did a lot of research on all sites. I figured these guys know what they're talking about. My first grow has gone great. As far as light height, I stuck with recommendations from Advanced for my lights I kept em at 30" for first week or so of veg, then 20" to 24" till I couldn't go any higher in the tent, and now at the end lights are 20" over canopy. The plants didn't stretch any more than my HPS grows. I started them when they were 8" they are finishing at 16" to 18" The Diamond Series lights have 3 watt diodes. They did say not to let them get within 12" or they might bleach the plants.

thats true. this is my first led grow and im on week 3 in flower and the plants are doing great. i had heard 24'' from he fellas at the hydro shop i wanted to seen if that was common. i did have the light too close at first when the plants were early veg 10'' and the tips bleached. iu got about 4inches of stretching and now they are just getting fatter . thanx for sharing your knowledge and horray for LED!

Let me clarify. If you want to produce (roughly) the same quantity and quality with LED lighting you need to use roughly half or a little more than half of the power draw used by the HPS/HID system. For example, If you want to replace a 400 watt HPS light system you could purchase a high quality 250 watt LED panel and get (roughly) the same quality and quantity produce. Yes there is a large amount of heat difference. Yes the ballast and fans for a HPS system will be louder (in most cases). Unless you are building the LED panel yourself, a 600 watt HPS is currently the most efficient light source in lumens per watt. However, there are LEDs made that get better lm/w and the measurement is calculated to the advantage of incandescent lighting (because that is all there was when it was developed). Do not take the above statement in any way to mean that lumens is something that should be discussed in a plant growth topic. It is simply the generic way of measuring output according to the human eye. The technical and correct term would be radiometric flux. In terms of radiometric flux, LED's are by far the most efficient.

You seem to have a pretty good grip on the whole led thing so ,have a question for you as I am rebuilding my grow room due to Oct of 2011 we hade a roofing crew who were doing a flat roof job on our home set the entire roof on fire due to negligence, Anyways I am rebuilding the room using a LEd that has an actuall draw of 298w using 6 spectrums which are 440nm, 470nm, 525nm, 640nm, 660nm, 740nm over 189 3w high power led,for my second room I also purchased a 546w unit again 6 spectrum both units have power control for .5w 1w and 3w the second is a 336 3w diode unit also 6 spectrum the manufacturer claims ?? still to be tested that these lights will provide deep deep penetration for plants under 40" I did by from hydrogrow although I have read mixed reviews I can say that althought my lights arrived via ups with 2 broken axial cooling fans customer support had 2 new fans out to me in 48 hours so as far as taking care of packing damage so far they have rated a 10 . But what I am really wondering is considering I going from a single 1000w hps will I get equal or possible better results with nearly 850w of led should I be able to match my previous work including anything like my 2010 plant of the year winner.

Back
Top Bottom